See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2016

The location is great in tecom area and just opposite to the busy Media Rotana Hotel. The room was very bad, washroom was so old and dirty, internet connection was very slow. No concierge services available and you have to take care of your luggage from and to the room. The only good things are the location and the super market down in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Golden Tulip Media Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear Mr. Mohammed,

First and foremost, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

We care about our guests at Golden Tulip Al Thanyah and always strive to provide them highest level of service and comfort. Rest be assured corrective measures have been taken to ensure such incidents don’t happen in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Nothing but great things to say! Lovely clean and modern hotel, rooms had everything we needed, really polite and friendly staff from the front desk, to the concierge to the waiters! Will recommend and return! Room 708....Katie and Paul

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Golden Tulip Media Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Ms. Katie,

We are in receipt of your comments, relating to your stay at the Golden Tulip Al Thanyah and thank you for the same. I am pleased that overall you found the service, staff and facilities to your satisfaction, in particular the hospitality and friendliness shown towards you. We value your feedback, as your views are essential in evaluating our performance, and enable us to take corrective action where necessary.
We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again.

Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night, I had a small studio that was equipped nicely, I usually go with the goods and the bads but I won't do that because all what I saw in this hotel was the room , the bed , and the reception in the chick in and check out. But for the sake of truth, the room was clean, but old and it feels old, the bath tub had some not very appealing cracks at the floor and the hot water just did not come out no matter how I turn the tap!!!! It is also worth mentioning that it is located near to busy narrow street and You can hear the cars horns all the nights!!

I did order a in room dinning a burger and a pizza , the burger was good but the pizza had that oily surface look just didn't make it for me!!!

The last thing . For a one night sleep it is not bad and actually quite not expensive!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Golden Tulip Media Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Mr. Jalal,

We are in receipt of your comments, relating to your stay at the Golden Tulip Al Thanyah and thank you for the same. We value your feedback, as your views are essential in evaluating our performance and enable us to take corrective action where necessary. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Just not good enough.

Dispute speaking to the reception staff (who are totally powerless to help), the Front Office Manager (Mr Mohamed Houki) couldn't be bothered to even call me until 4 hours after I asked for him to do so. He was allegedly resolving the problem!

Three (3) days without hot water and no one in the senior management team cares!

After having been relocated into a different room, which I was assured had hot water, the maintenance guys were required to get any hot water.

So, cold showers are what you can expect if you check in here. They have ongoing construction works within the hotel until December 2016, so it's probably not going to improve for a while.

Oh, and the General Manager really isn't interested, he didn't even bother to try to appease me.

Unfortunately, I have had to give a one star review... It's not even that good!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Garry H

Dear Mr. Garry,

I would like to thank you for your comments as it is greatly appreciated in order for us to iron out our problems and therefore I would like to sincerely apologize for your negative experience with us. This was a one off incident and rest be assured corrective measures have been taken to ensure such incidents don’t happen in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Let's start from the positive. The location is quite central to most places we needed to go to and Dubai Taxis make this even easier. It was a fantastic holiday, however we have experienced quite a few negative issues in this hotel.

(1) after check in and payment of full amount, we were handed a letter advising us of refurbishment works and related noise within the hotel. We were allocated on the 8th floor and @ 09.00 it was not only extreme noise that we experienced, but everything vibrated like crazy. Like living on a demolition (not construction) site. Completely unbearable in any way. The General Manager tried to argue his way out of it, but then placed us on floor 14 which made the situation much more acceptable. Despite moving to 14th floor, vibrations were bad enough to dislodge one of the soffit ceiling tiles holding one of the bathroom lights. I experienced others at reception desk complaining about this and hotel's way of dealing with it is....."please fill in this form". Unless you show your teeth, its a discreet & calm "I don't care" attitude that you are faced with.

(2) The room always smelt like someone was cooking Indian food. According to the GM and another member of stuff the problem was related to the AC system. In public areas they use these electric deodorisers to mask the problem. However, when you return to your room after a day out and you smell 'hotel kitchen', its quite disgusting. I have to make it clear that we never used our kitchen.

(3) the telephone was not working well (not giving outside line) and this was sorted out after the weekend by the IT manager who was quite understanding. However until problem was fixed, one member of staff at reception being requested to put me through different numbers (could not dial out directly) was not so happy in doing so. Wi-fi seemed to be intermittent, but again IT manager explained possible alternatives for whenever this happened.

(4) The lighting system is so complex, it is unmanageable. It is impossible to keep the lighting required at the flick of a switch. You have to experience this whilst you are trying to allow your daughter to sleep and you are still moving around the room to know ridiculously controlled (rather uncontrolled) the lighting is. And if you think that you may leave your laptop / phone on charge whilst leaving the room...forget it. Removing the keycard means only fridge/freezer & washing machine remain ON. You want to charge your laptop / phone? Yes, you have to stay in your room.

(5) if you are fond of any hot water in the bathroom, don't come here. Quite a few times you could barely call it slightly warm. Can't imagine how a hotel in such Hot Climate had no hot water.

(6) the 'activities' offered by a desk at the lobby of the hotel are a rip off. We did same activities by booking elsewhere at a fraction of the price.

(7) Apart from bathrooms badly in need of replacement items, the person in charge of housekeeping ought to inspect (above all) shower areas and mould within. Note: Dettol Mould & Mildew makes miracles....and you definitely need to use it.

All the above makes me question how safe it is to book any Golden Tulip Hotel. I chose a chain as opposed to many others on offer to 'play safe'. I was quite wrong.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank olaf c

Dear Mr. Olaf,

It is great concern and regret I received complaint that the problem you had with the facility in your room.
On behalf of Golden Tulip Al Thanyah Team, I would like to personally apologize for your inconvenience.
We value our guest and I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.