See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I wondered whether this hotel would live up to expectations. Well I need not have worried. This hotel was a great stay. Definitely a bargain and easily accessible via metro bus or taxi. We walked to the metro most days and it's wasn't a long walk. The metro is very cheap :)

The only improvement points I would make is: the swimming pool should be on the roof... This would allow sun bathing for the day time as the hotel/ apartments blocks in teecom block out the sun after about 1pm until 4pm ish. Breakfast isn't worth the money. However, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IssamS146, General Manager at Golden Tulip Media Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ms. Natalie,

Thank you for leaving Golden Tulip Media Hotel with a perfect rating and great review. We are pleased that overall you found the service, staff and facilities to your satisfaction. Your comment motivates us and we always make sure to provide quality and excellent service to our guests.

We are looking forward in welcoming you again.

Best Regards,

Issam Slaimi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I really liked this hotel from it exterior and interior design. The staff are very friendly and cooperative. I have booked the Executive Studio room that is very elegant and amazing were me and wife liked it so much.
1- The room is air conditioned and has a lot of facilities as (Oven, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine & Ironing) were you cook, have your favorite drinks & food, wash your cloth and get it dried at the same time.
2- The room is very clean and tidy and has a different lighting source that you are going to like.
3-There is a near by supermarket & pharmacy were you can buy anything you need.

The distance between the hotel to the Dubai internet city metro station is about 7 to 10 min walk which is not a good thing especially in the morning were the weather is extremely hot and about 5 to 7 min walk in as air conditioned tunnel until you reach the metro station.

The hotel is location in Barsha which is considered to be the new Dubai and of course you can reach anywhere accessible by metro were you will be able to reach anyplace you want. There is a big shopping mall called Mall of the Emirates which about 2 Metro stations from Dubai internet city metro station.

The things that I disliked about the hotel are:

1- There Room Service Management they need to work on it; like to make sure that the bath tube doesn't leak water from the shield glass on the floor & the hand washer bowel in not blocked and the cooking bowels are not scratched. I didn't mentioned that to the hotel receptionist so as to know how they manage and measure the room service according to quality standards.
2- Regarding the wi-fi signal it was very weak.
3- In about 12 hours the price of room increased rapidly from the time I viewed it till the time I've booked the room
4- The bad thing not to take a taxi even for very short distance as it will cost you 10 AED.

I would recommend this room for any one who wants to stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wessam_maher
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I liked the hotel and the service, its realy well furnished with a washing machine for clothes, iron and iron table, microwave, a cooker, and of course a refregirator. The best thing is the super market just below the hotel where you can get what ever you need.

the only bad thing is the distance from metro as u need to walk in the streets around 7 to 10 min then through the air conditioned tunnel another 5 to 7 min to reach the dubai internet city metro station. This distance could be better than other hotels which you need to take a bus for to reach a metro station.

the location is in barsha which to b considred the new dubai, of course you can reach anywhere accessible by metr, and if not some places can be reached by both metro then bus. My advice not to take a taxi even for very short distance as it count 10 dr once u set in.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank G. F
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here for a night as a stop-over on our way to South Africa. The room was lovely, and very well priced! The morning breakfast buffet was great, and the fresh made waffles even better than that! All the staff were friendly and you werent left standing for any more than 30 seconds before being asked if you needed help with anything. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bigevy08
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

A great location for exploring Dubai by Metro (5 minute walk to station)! Easy access to airport and all the major malls.
Apartments are spacious and comfortable and well serviced. Rooms are quiet. No coffee/tea is provided but kitchen facilities are included in the apartment. A small supermarket is located near the hotel entrance and provided fresh and well priced goods for breakfast, etc
The washing machine was easy and fast to operate, as opposed to other half-working antiques we have encountered. A microwave, stove and good-sized fridge was also provided.
Prices are very good value, compared to other places we have stayed in with much less luxury than this one.
We will be using this Hotel on our next visits to Dubai.

• Stayed: September 2013