“Only if you need to”
Review of Grand BelleVue

Grand BelleVue
Ranked #301 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is an islamic hotel, it is not displayed on their website however the fact is that gyms are separate male/female no music, there was a lo t of dust under the beds. Rooms are spacious though and it has a kitchennette and washing machine in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 25 January 2012

1. I arrived at check-in, receptionist doesn't ask if I need a smoking or non-smoking room so I figured that since I'm pregnant they would realize I need a non-smoking room. I was given a terribly smelling smoking room and had to argue for 15 minutes to get a non-smoking one. She claimed she had no available rooms, suddenly after a long arguement truns out one was available on the 2nd floor and one on the 7th.
2. I called in at 7:30 am to ask for bandaid, housekeeping knocks the door with a DENTAL KIT. After I explained, he said the doctor doesn't come in before 8:30 am. What if someone had a bad cut after midnight? First aid needs to be available at the hotel at all times.
3. Housekeeping refused to get me sugar, a bowl or clean the kitchen. I do understand this is a "hotel apartment" but I've stayed in other ones and the word "HOTEL" refers to the apartments being serviced.
4. I asked for a late checkout, I got a response saying "the latest we can offer you is 12 noon"; fyi, this is the "normal" check out not the latest. Two other guests travelling with me ask for a late checkout later that day and they get one at 2:30 pm.
5. TV? At least have one decent movie or music channel!
6. Toiliteries are very cheap and minimal. No cotton or cotton buds, the shower cap pack was empty. Bathtub wasn't very clean and for some reason its very dark in the bathtub? Water pressure and temperature were perfect though.
7. I was very concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel room; both the toilet and the room had small flies. Window wasn't opened throughout my stay.

All in all, I do not recommend this hotel to other travelers. You could easily find a similar rate at a much better accommodation in Dubai. Media Rotana (a 2-minute walk) is a much better option for a slightly higher price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Foofeh
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We had connecting rooms "family suite" which was therefore two bedroooms (one twin, one double) but then had two tiny kitchenettes rather than one kitchen. Kitchenette really badly designed (e.g. the one in the kids room you could only plug in the microwave by putting the cord across the hot-plates). Not many plates, pans etc. As a hotel it was nice and comfortable and the staff friendly and at least tried to be helpful. It is a bit in the middle of nowhere - there is a cafe/restaurant nearby (quite nice) and a small Carrefour, but that's about it. Then a 30-dhiram taxi ride to anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mcwcBaku
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We had a business suite for 3 days (really it was a studio) it was clean, but it seemed to take three staff to do one job, which I suppose is typical in Duabi, breakfast at the French style coffee shop opposite the hotel was good, the room lacked facilities in the kitchen area, cutlery, crockery and glasses were extremley limited, no microwave, no toaster, no oven,
cannot comment on hotel food as we did not partake. Situation is within walking distance on Internet City Metro station (5 minutes) taxis freely available, easy to get about from here.

Plenty of small supermarkets very closeby for everyday groceries.

We would stay here again if the price was competative

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pollysury
Reviewed 26 January 2011

My husband is working in Dubai for 3 months and we will be staying in this hotel apartment until March 2011. Being a "hotel" apartment one would expect daily service including the room, kitchen and bathroom. We have to beg housekeeping daily to clean the room. Sometimes we come home at 6PM and the room is not cleaned. They refuse to clean the kitchen. Floors are left dirty. Carpets are never vacuumed. Bathroom is not cleaned properly. When we complained to housekeeping they said it was our duty to clean the kitchen counters etc. So much for a "hotel" apartment! Housekeeping manager is abrupt and makes excuses for his staff instead of remedying the situation! Very frustrating!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business