“Delicious food”

Ranked #277 of 9,923 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Creek
Description: An award winning Indian speciality restaurant 'Mumtaz Mahal' is a fine dining restaurant serving North West & Mughlai delicacies using authentic ingredients that will offer every taste bud a palette of flavours! The restaurant is a themed outlet that is adored by Indian nationals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Dined here on our first night in Dubai. Food was delicious, full of flavour and well presented. Staff were friendly and service was excellent. Enjoyed the floor shows. The first was a very talented citar player followed by a band and beautiful Indian dancers. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Recommend dining here.

Habib K, General Manager at Mumtaz Mahal Indian Speciality Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Carol W
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review.

How delightful to know that you thoroughly enjoyed dining at Mumtaz Mahal, one of our signature restaurant with live entertainment.
It is really great to read your feedback and we highly appreciate it.
I am so glad to have such a wonderful culinary expert who provide you mouth watering tasty food and professional service associate who makes your evening awesome with their excellent service.
Mumtaz Mahal our award winning family restaurant win many hearts by serving Delicious cuisine prepared by our professional chefs.
Entertainment is an add on value experience enjoying dining with live Sitar, live singing, and live Indian classical dance.
I will pass your message to our team for their wonderful job.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Loved the music and full band team, just super. However, sometimes we don't feel comfortable when we go with family, dancers are only looking at 1 or 2 guests,and just avoid others. They are even trying to talk with them, and guests give some money also. It has to be done in different way, not just to throw money like cheap place. Rest evetrything was super.

Habib K, General Manager at Mumtaz Mahal Indian Speciality Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Mr. Adul
Greetings from Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your valuable experience with us.
Our Entertainment team is really amazing and they have win many hearts with their performance from years and years.
Kindly accept our sincere apology for the experience you had during your recent visit to Mumtaz Mahal Restaurant.
We do understand where you are coming from and with a heavy heart we are sad to know that you feel uncomfortable during your last visit.
Our Entertainment team have very good name in market and they do their best to entertain each and every valuable guest of Mumtaz Mahal.
I will pass your message to band leader and Restaurant Manager and make sure it is not repeated again in future.

We strive to meet our guests expectation on each visit, I will appreciate if you and your friends do come over again to experience our usual standard that won us many awards.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I had lunch at mumtaz mahal the other day. Personally, i don't like visiting restaurants with live music, its a disturbance for me while having food and also makes conversations difficult.

It was a different menu this time due to the festival of baisakhi.

We were greeted well, then sat down and ordered from this 2 page limited menu.

1. Non veg mix platter
Good variety of various grills to have at once, of which were
A. Chicken kebab-Well cooked , soft pieces of chicken kebab. But not the best on my plate
B. Chicken tikka- large cubes of spicy ,well cooked marinated chicken. Would be the second best on my plate from this plater
C. Mutton seekh kebab.
This one was my favorite of the served. Well cooked. Right amount of spices. Delicious.

2. Keema Kaleji
Normally i am not a mutton fan, but i stepped out of my zone and took a small spoon of this on my plate. And again. And again. It was that good. Minced pieces of mutton liver cooked well in right amount of spices and oil. Just perfect.

3. Murg makhanwala
Then came onto my plate this dish. Large piece of chicken that i would normally not expect elsewhere. In a beautiful aromatic tasty gravy. This was my favorite of the main course ordered.

4. Maa ki daal
This was bit of a dissapointment. I am for dal any day. But i think this time it lacked the right thickness and the right taste.

So there it is. My experience at the Mumtaz Mahal Restaurant at Arabian Courtyard hotel, bur dubai.

Not to forget, they offered a 50% discount on lunch menu which was pretty good.

They will definitely be seeing me again. Until next time

Bon Appetite

Habib K, General Manager at Mumtaz Mahal Indian Speciality Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Mr. Manish B

It is really great to read your feedback and we highly appreciate it.
We celebrate festival and do events from time to time where our culinary expert design menu as per our guest demand and keeping festival theme in mind.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal during our Baisakhi festival and our professional chef and team work hard to met up to your standard.
It is true we are offering 50% discount on the entire bill during lunch throughout the week with live performance of sitar.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comment which makes us feel proud for being a part of Mumtaz Mahal many times award winner family restaurant located in the heart of meena bazar, Bur Dubai opposite to Dubai Museum.
From 8th of May we are starting business lunch buffet everyday only AED 45

Looking forward to see you soon and wish to celebrate together all upcoming memorable event & festival along with your friends & family.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We went because it was in our hotel and did not feel like venturing out but had a very enjoyable evening. The decor is interesting and authentic - lots of brocade and carved wood. Excellent live music on sitar and dancing after 9 though we were off to bed.

The food was excellent. The Murg Malai Tika was one of the best chicken dishes I have tried anywhere. The dal and vegetables complimented it wonderfully. The service was excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Dear Mr.Talor,

It is really great to read your feedback and we highly appreciate it.
Entertainment is an add on value experience enjoying dining with live singing and live Indian classical dance.
I will pass your message to our team for their wonderful job.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is my go to for when I have friends visiting from abroad. This place really is fantastic in every way and should be on any "foodie" visit to Dubai.

I had the palak paneer, the dahl maqani and the butter chicken (which, btw, is waaaaay better than Ravi's). I really can't recommend this place highly enough.

If I had one complaint, it's that the sitar player doesn't stick around longer than he should.

Dear Guest,

It is really great to read your feedback and we highly appreciate it.
I am so glad to have such a wonderful culinary expert who provide you mouth watering tasty food.
During evening we have live Gazal and Indian classical Dance starting from 9:00 pm till 3:00 am.