“You get what you pay for..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai

Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Ranked #176 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
greece
“You get what you pay for..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at Citymax Bur Dubai for two nights on March 2012. Our flight from Hong Kong arrived very early in the morning so we got to the hotel at about six o'clock. I asked for my room earlier, but they said that if i wanted it earlier i would have to pay half the room price, about 46 euros. The funny thing is that i actually paid 46 euros per night! I was travelling with a small child otherwise i wouldn't have asked them as i know that the rooms are available from noon and on. Anyway we left our luggage at the storage room. The hotel is clean, it has three restaurants and a bar, the breakfast room is right next to the lobby. The Indian restaurant is the only one we tried and the food was fantastic, the service really fast, and the staff very polite. I suggest you give it a try. Breakfast was basic. As for the rooms they were small, actually my room was bigger than my fellow travellers' room, but the two single beds were really small. However it was clean, with coffee and tea making facilities, a big LCD tv. Neither the windows nor the walls are sound proof, so noise is something that you should tolerate upon your stay. All in all the hotel is ok for a stopover, but i wouldn't stay there if i would visit Dubai for more days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tartu, Estonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

They have bed bugs. I have itches all over me. I complained and was moved to another room. I will be checking out in the morning to another hotel for the rest of my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Susan k
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear Susan k,

Thank you for your message in Trip Advisor.

However, we have moved you to another room for this reason therefore we are aware of the bed bugs situation and have taken immediate action to rectify the situation.

I would like to take this time to apologize most sincerely, for the inconvenience caused, however I would like to bring to your attention that bed buigs are generally brought in the hotel by other guests.

This is a global problem and has been reported on google.com that the worst affected city in the world that has been hit by this invasion is New York City.

I would like to mention that as a hotel, we take immediate action whenever this is brought to our attention to make sure that the cycle of the bug is broken. I would also like to add that we fumigate rooms on a weekly basis as a preventive measure against bed bugs.

Please do contact our Front Office at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss this matter further.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I hate all the whiners in life,of course this is not the Ritz but I did not have to pay 750 us a night either. The staff is extremely attentive and the grounds are clean and property well maintained. This is my third stay and I don't even think of staying anywhere else while in Dubai. Very good restraunts on site a great sports bar with all the fun you can ask for. Shuttle to the beach,roof top pool with awesome bar and views. I look forward to my trips into this region and will continue my loyalty to this brand

Room Tip: All rooms are similar, very quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Curtis W
Dear Curtis W,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Please advise us on your next visit.

Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I booked online after seeing the pictures on the web. To my surprise, the hotel was just not to my expectation. The rooms are small, beds are way too small. We had to carry our own luggages to the room. I will never stay at this hotel again. The only good thing were the staff, there were quite friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Zulk
Dear Zulk,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

As a mid market hotel, we do not offer porter services. However, we do provide luggage trolleys available at the lobby so that guests can conveniently carry their bags to their rooms.

We also have a standard room size of 21 sq meters which is almost the same as the other 3 star hotels.

Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Good 3* hotel, fulfilled our expectations. Rooms are indeed on smaller side however big enough for comfortable stay. Nobody comes here to stay whole day in the hotel room. Breakfast is ok, would prefer more choices but it is actually good variety and quality for a 3* hotel. Staff is friendly, room was cleaned regularly. Internet is free (cable) which I appreciated very much. Location is good, we easily reached all points of interest. Hotel also offers a shuttle bus to the beach. I would recommend this hotel to tourists looking for reasonably priced hotels, offering reasonable level of service and good location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Nada_K_R,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We appreciate your good comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
Please advise us on your next visit to Dubai and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back again.