All reviewsdubai marinawashing machinetwo bedroom apartmentwell equipped kitchenself cateringsmall gymtwo metro stationsdining tablebusiness triplong staythird floorfew minutes walkpublic beachhotel is locatedhigh floorupon checkstayed for nights
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We arrived late a little slow but upgraded us straight away large corner suite fab 1st floor :) Huge kingsize bed and fully equipped kitchen, rooms cleaned and fresh towels everyday, the bed was great but pillows were so soft awful :( Location brill easy walking to the Marina and JBR. As sun lovers the sun was around the pool till 1ish then off to various flash Beach clubs including ladies days. First day of 5%vat in Dubai!

Room Tip: prob higher floor than we had but we could still see the maria :)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to know my team was able to upgrade to a bigger apartment to make your stay comfortable. I appreciate your comments and feedback on our rooms and location. Most of our guests loves the pool and the atmosphere. It's a great news we tied up with Riva beach Club in Palm Jumeirah to offer our guests beach club access. Hope you can try this on your next visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Great location very spacious apartment two bedrooms three bathrooms and open kitchen area. Clean with helpful staff but small pool with sun only in the morning.

Would use this again mainly due to the very competitive cost and great location in the marina.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us during the christmas week. My team and myself is so proud to receive your feedback on our faciltiies and I must say our swimming pool has the best ambience with some drinks served and not alcohol. We are looking forward to see you again when you are back in Dubai.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I stayed in a studio apartment for two nights just after Christmas and it was perfect. The room was actually larger than I was expecting (I thought they'd done something tricksy with the photos) and would be perfect for one or two guests.

The room was light, bright, clean and well-laid out with a lot of thought going into how to make this work. The kitchenette seemed to be well equipped (I didn't cook) but there's no microwave which I thought was odd, but there is an oven. There's also a nespresso machine but you need to buy your own capsules (or buy them from the minibar supplies). Instant coffee powder and tea bags are complimentary. You can buy washing powder from the hotel supplies in the room for a good price and the washing machine is an absolutely fantastic thing to have on holiday - no more handwashing things! There's also an iron and ironing board in the room.

The bed was very comfy and it's possible to switch off all the lights while in bed, which is great. There's an excellent choice of English-language movie channels on the satellite tv (alongside news, sport and entertainment channels).

The bathroom is small but perfectly adequate. A really lovely selection of toiletries by This Works including soap (two bars - one by the sink, one in the bath), gel, shampoo and conditioner and body lotion. It has a nice but light scent that's neutral. The bathtub is slightly raised off the floor which makes getting out a little awkward if your knees don't bend to well but the water pressure was good and hot water plentiful.

There's a balcony and I really wonder why places in Dubai still build balconies. Most of the year it's too hot to use it. My room faced Sheikh Zayed Rd so the noise from the traffic and the tram going by made sitting on the balcony a not so peaceful activity.

I didn't use their restaurants at all but the Arabic one looks really good and it's on my list for my next visit (yes, I hope to come back here).

The pool is on the third floor and sadly in shade for most of the day. They've done their best to make the most of the space, creating a nice garden-y sort of area and there's a play spot for children too. Giving water to people using the pool is a really nice touch. The only thing I thought was missing from the area was a clock.

The gym is a little small but the equipment is new and well maintained and you can work out while enjoying views of the pool.

Finally, the location of the hotel is very handy but first time visitors to Dubai need to be aware that it's not central. It's great for exploring the Jumeirah area, and also if you're planning to do activities that are still further out, say Global Village, IMG world, Dubailand and so on - the taxi ride to these places will cost you less than if you're coming from a more central location. I'd also choose this hotel if I were visiting anywhere on the Palm (eg: Atlantis) because the tram/monorail combination is extremely handy.

There's a 24-hour minimart literally opposite the entrance for any immediate needs you may have. The Dubai Marina mall is about a five-minute walk (and is also the nearest tram stop) and has become my third favourite mall in Dubai. If you're into gastronomy, there are some seriously good (and expensive) restaurants there too. The nearest metro station is about 15-minutes' walk away.

If the weather's good, you can also easily walk from the hotel to Jumeirah Beach Residences and all the restaurants and stuff going on there, as well as to The Beach (a branded lifestyle sort of area on the beach which is free to use and has lots going on), The Walk, the Dubai Marina and of course the beach at Jumeirah as well. The tram will link you up to the area including an easy transfer to the monorail that takes you to the Palm Jumeirah should that be in your itinerary. It's a heck of a lot easier than taking a taxi there!

I see that a few other reviews have complained about the service, but that wasn't my experience. I didn't have many interactions with the staff here, but the people I spoke to were very nice. I think this is quite a new hotel so perhaps earlier reviews were teething problems? The Egyptian gentleman at reception was very friendly and I really appreciated that he was able to find me a room even though I did arrive a few hours before the official check in time. The doorman/porter was also exceptionally helpful and really took care to ensure that I understood how the room works (locking the balcony doors and the hot water heater).

The following shouldn't need to be written, but I know it's a question often asked of Dubai so for anyone wondering, I can state that as a single female traveller, I felt perfectly safe and welcome here.

In summary, this is a very good hotel that often delivers more than you'd expect from its four star rating. I really liked the space and the kitchen and if I need to come to this area of Dubai again I'd have no hesitation in booking this place again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Sheikh Zayed Rd because of traffic noise and tram noise
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank kdotkdot
Michael K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

We are very glad and touched to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It is such a pleasure for us to receive lovely and a very detailed feedback on tripadivsor which is truly an appreciation to my team and myself. I appreciate your time in writing a long review about our hotel, staff and services and will certainly pass on your appreciation to my staff Mahmoud and other staff members. We are proud to make you feel like a family member whilst you were away from your home country and staying with us. We are looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is very good but the service is mediocre. We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 45 days on the third floor which was very noisy, the staff were not very helpful to accommodate our request for a suitable room on the higher floors. Reception staff are very slow with requests and unfriendly. The staff at the concierge however are pleasant. If given a choice there would be no reason besides the location, to make me a repeat guest at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

We appreciate your time taken to write a review. Thank you for your feedback. I will personally check on the issue of a room move. Generally our standards are very high and all the requests are fulfilled within time. I hope you will give us one more chance to make your stay more memorable.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Very good suite clean and neat, you can find any thing you want, it was really complete accommodation including washing machine.
They need to improve their front desk service plus breakfast because the restaurant they chose to serve their customers don't have many of varieties to chose from.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for breakfast because there are different places to get breakfast especially the mall only 100 m away.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate your time taken to write a review. Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously striving to improve our breakfast arrangements. Hope you give us another opportunity to make your stay the best the next time you visit Dubai.