All reviews dubai marina washing machine well equipped kitchen self catering small gym dining table bed apartment business trip long stay third floor few minutes walk metro station public beach hotel is located high floor upon check stayed for nights
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have travelling for the past 20 years, I have never ever seen a hotel charging the full room rate on a booking (except non-refundable). Due to my experience with a few bad hotels (I just added Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina & automatically all Radissons to the list), I started using low limit credit card to grantee my booking. The benefits are, you are not exposing your credit card details over the internet & 2nd you are preventing such terrible hotel from charging the full amount. A lot of times, these hotels would charge you a higher rate than quoted on your booking, and it is not easy process to change that and/or get refunded the difference.

I had a booking (it was an excellent deal) on Thursday 1st of October, I got a call from the hotel stating that they need another card since they were unable to charge my card, I expressed to the hotel reservation staff that my booking has no special conditions and the credit card is used only to grantee my booking. Furthermore, I am on my way to the hotel & expecting to be there before 6:00 pm. At 5:30pm, I made a call to advise the hotel staff that I should be there in 20 minutes. I was surprised & shocked when I was told that they will be giving me two bedrooms suit around midnight. I asked about what happened to my reservation and I did not get a clear answer. I was furious and upset since I had my kids with me, then I stopped the car and got online using my Smartphone. Dubai has more than 400 hotels, I am sure that I will find something even better which I did. I stayed at City Premier Hotel Apartment on Shaikh Zayid street, and the rate is much better than Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina. Our apartment was in 41st floor and we had a nice view of the Burj Khalifa and fountains.

Finally, this message is for all hotels management in Dubai which is to always remember that there are more than 400 options for your customer and never forget that.

Room Tip: There are much better choices such as Oasis Beach apartments & City Premier Hotel Apartment & better rates.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Thank you for your detailed response, I appreciate your comments and feedback. Please be rest assured that I will investigate your comments and take the necessary actions to prevent any such failings again.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Although the staff at this hotel was good at check in and for information, I had just arrived after a 15 hour-flight and was dead tired. On the positive side, the grounds are nice with good views of the surrounding area - rooms are amply sized, although showers are tiny. Nice addition is balcony.

After my long flight, I wanted just a sandwich and beer or Coke maybe, and the two restaurants on premises were Thai and Italian. I have spent a lot of time in Thailand and know that almost all good Thai restaurants have minimal decor but the food is fab. I walked into the Thai restaurant and there was literally no one in the entire restaurant - big red flag for me. Ok, let's try the Italian. Walked in and host was busy on the phone and didn't even glance at me. Waiter seated me, but the music was so loud I left. I thought maybe just a beer at the bar and then bed....then I found out that this is a Sharia (sp) hotel with no alcohol or pork products. Went back to the Italian again and had the worst minestrone soup I ever ate. Salad was better, pizza was passable. This is NOT a business hotel where you can have a nice quiet, no-melodrama dinner while catching up on e-mails or reports. Another negative is that I booked my trip on Expedia, and they would not give me Radisson points since I did not book through their website. I think I am just about done with Radisson....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your detailed response, I appreciate your comments and feedback. Please be rest assured that this is not our usual standards of service within the hotel. I will contact you directly to discuss further and to restore your faith in the hotel and Radisson Blu.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Great location,The hotel is well placed and the service was great .Only has a small problem on arrival the hotel was full and they moved us to another hotel for the night.But the next day they did give us a great room for the rest of our stay and it was great the pool area is great and the Gym is really nice.
It is a walk to JBR walk and the Marina.
Will come back to this hotel if they have space as they are busy.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments kind comments. I apologize for the unfortunate out booking situation you encountered. I do hope to welcome you back soon and give you the VIP welcome you deserve.

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

The price is very high compare to other near hotels I was stay on the same rate for the last three years.

In general, the hotel location is very nice close to metro station, GBR and malls (Dubai mall, emarit mall)

• Stayed: October 2012
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great location, walking distance to the beach.
Nice pool area, rooms design is very modern, very clean.
Service was excellent, one of the night concierge however was not really very friendly, while all the rest of the staff was amazing.
Breakfast is not that great and could be improved, i reccomend to go out and find a bettere place for it.

Room Tip: try to get high floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Liam B
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thank you for your comments and will certainly investigate your feedback on the night concierge. Our breakfast offering is in the process of a significant uplift. We are awaiting delivery of new buffet units and a full decoration of the restaurant. This is in addition to an upgrade of the menu items offered. I do hope to welcome you back again.