“Highly Over-rated”
Review of Pisces - CLOSED

Pisces
Reviewed 12 February 2011

The service was slow, the portions were miniscule, that wait staff were cordial but little else. The total bill was $US 160 and I had to go home to find something good to eat.

Reviewed 8 May 2009

The atmosphere here is very sophisticated, elegant, and romantic. The food portions are not worth the high prices. We love to eat out and spend lots of money on great food, but this was a disappointment. We ordered the beef tenderloin and snapper, but received two snappers, and when we alerted the waiter he argued and refused to take the food away. When we just ate off of the one dish we were told to "enjoy the entree" however no resolution was and we were charged for the meal. Even when the manager came over she was abrupt, rude and insisted we were lying. As a former restaurant manger for six years I was appalled. Not only would I never return I would not reccommend this establishment to anyone, especially if you have been in the restaurant business. Like much of Dubai it is all hype and no follow through, an over priced Vegas of the middle east minus the casinos.

Reviewed 9 February 2009

Pisces, in the Madinat Jumeirah Souk, was our best experience in Dubai. It was a cool February night so we ate indoors. There are two levels. Downstairs where we ate is a seafood service while upstairs is a French one.The room was a delight. Crisp linen on well spaced tables in an understated elegant and quiet room and calm efficient service made a good start. An extensive wine list was available too. Wine is expensive anywhere in Dubai but there was a small, nevertheless comprehensive, list of wines by the glass available.
The courses are presented beautifully on elegant crockery and are a delight to the eye before the tasting begins. I ate hamour, the local fish,as a main course and it was perfect. My companion had blackened cod which looked as good and was. Portions do not seem large but with more than one intermediate amuse bouche we could not contemplate a sweet course to finish. There are a number of fine dining experiences available in Dubai. This is one of them. Highly recommended.

2  Thank bs-london
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I found this restaurant most pretentious. The chef likes to tower the food and serve starter portions for main course prices. The quality of the food was average and represented very poor value. I particularly took exception to being charged over UK£30 per glass of chanpagne at the bar. Dubai has many wonderful restaurants that deserve a try, Pisces is not one of them.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seychelles
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Veeeery good fish restaurant!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook