“Nice food but expensive”
Review of Pisces - CLOSED

Pisces
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Lovely food on a great setting but a little pricey for what the food was. Romantic place.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We ate at the Pisces restaurant in October 2011, the location is fantastic out on the terrace overlooking the man made canals, the service is exceptional and you could not ask for more. The food is unbeleavable, we had for the main Sea Bass in a salt crust it was fantastic the presentation of the fish and you can not beleive the taste. All in all the best fish restaurant I have ever eaten in, and next time I am in Dubai I will be making another visit 5*****

Reviewed 23 December 2011

There are much better places to eat within the Madinet Jumeirah than Pisces

Reviewed 18 October 2011

The restaurant is quiet, sophisticated and rather empty. There wasn't any music playing in the background, and we were almost playing Chinese Whispers with each other. The staff were very attentive and the service was overall quite good. We sat indoors, as the weather didn't permit us to dine outdoors.The food: The scallop appetizer was chewy and we sent ours back. The foie gras was not good at all, and had a pasty texture. The main course was nice, and we enjoyed it, especially the salmon with crab ravioli. We were celebrating a birthday, and they offered a delicious complimentary cake - which actually compensated for the rest of the meal.
Overall -not very impressed with the restaurant, and wont be going again.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We chose Pisces because I had been feeling like seafood, plus I loved Madinet Jumeirah so thought it's great to see 2 things at once. The Madinet souk is great and is a good place to kill some time before/after dinner.

Pisces had a lovely calm ambience to it. The entrance has a blue lit bar which is welcoming and attractive. We did go during Ramadan so perhaps thats why it was slightly quieter, and also alcohol cannot be drunk until after 8pm (for non muslims). It was a shame we didnt know about the terrace area though as i think it has nicer views, as we were just inside, which has nice simple decor but modern which was fine.

Service was great, very attentive and friendly, but not annoying or overbearing.

They serve a bread basket with a warm cornbread which is fluffy and has some spice (as in flavour not heat) which is great, and also different rolls.
I had a stater of fresh oysters with a vinaigrette, and the oysters were HUGE and delicious, I only ordered 3 thinking I may need more, but I definitely didn't; it also comes with a soda bread. My partner had the lobster bisque which he said was great also.
We then went on to order prawns, again which were huge and grilled sea bass which was a fillet and you choose your sides and sauce.
Dessert was great too, we chose the passionfruit one which had a cake, cream and meringue element to it.

Overall we were really happy with the food and service, it's not cheap but wont break the bank. Probably mid -high range. Dont go there if you like seafood with over the top sauces and fancy garnishes; the dishes are simple seafood dishes (eg grilled with basic sauces) but done really well. The seafood platters for 2ppl at 900DHS looked amazing (most expensive dish by far and you can get hot or cold), but we stuck with a la carte as it was a bit expensive as I'm the only one that really likes most of the platter and there is NO way I could eat that on my own.

After or before dinner you can also walk to the little gondolas to have a ride around the Madinet Jumeirah (which we didnt do as it was too late, think the gondolas finish about 23/23.30, but prob best to check)