“I left earlier” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Jeddah
Dubai
“I left earlier”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I asked for a private hotel pick up; I had another Guest with me in the car. The driver explained that the second hotel car stopped working so they had to use one car. Therefore, I had to wait at the airport for like 15 minutes after midnight standing for the other hotel guest to arrive. Nevertheless, when we reached the Hotel, the person in charge excused many times. I booked the hotel standard room through booking.com, the room picture on the site did not look at all like the actual one I was checked in at. The window had a wooden partition where you can hardly see the street through little holes in the wood and no sunshine gets into the room. The room smelled really bad; I am asthmatic, I slept for 3 hours (from 2am to 5am) and when I woke up, I felt really bad. I couldn’t sleep more. The mattress was old and had bumps. It was not flat. The tv is very old. There was free Wi-Fi connection. The room was clean. The hotel room door looked so old; I felt I was checking into a 2 star hotel room in the Swiss Alps (where I stayed before). The windows, even locked, I could still hear the noises from the street where a lot of cars were passing by. It was a terrible stay and they could not move me to a renovated room because the Hotel was fully booked. Probably, after the room’s renovation, the hotel will get better. In the meantime, I highly recommend stopping selling the old rooms because this will stop guests from coming back despite the renovation. I reserved for 4 nights and I left the second day to another hotel in Jeddah. I will never stay at this hotel again and I will never even book at a Radisson Hotel anywhere in the world. A good chain would not accept to receive its Guests in such conditions. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms or the ones that have access to the executive loung at higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alainelhaddad
Radek C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear Mr. El Haddad,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for having had chosen the Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah.

I would like to apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I would like to inform you that the rooms you are referring to are in the process of being renovated. I feel very bad that you were unable to sleep as this is the very basis of our overall service. We certainly want to provide a good night’s sleep.

Regarding your hotel pick up I would like to inform you that I have addressed this issue with our vendor Europcar – they certainly have more than two vehicles so the excuse you were given was not at all acceptable. I would like to apologize for the level of service Europcar provided.

I would like to sincerely request that you allow us another opportunity. Aside from the rooms that are left to be renovated we have a nice hotel with really nice people. Should you wish to give us another chance please be so kind to contact me directly with your next booking as I would like to show you that we can do it right. Please do not hesitate to book directly with me at radek.cais@radissonblu.com.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

I would like to thank you for having had selected Radisson Blu and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality in the future.

+966 2 652 1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marktbreit, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I spent 3 nights at the Radisson Blu in Jeddah in November 2011 and paid € 115 net per night, including breakfast and internet connection.
For getting to the lobby and the reception you have to take an elevator when ntering the main entrance. The people at the reception were friendly and serviceable during check-in and during our whole stay. We were offered fresh juice while we were waiting for checking in.
My room was on the second floor towards a quiet back part. It was well-sized, but you could immediately see that it was not of the latest style. It was keen and clean, but a little outdated. The windows were hidden by a sort of arabic wall from outside so nearly no natural light could come in. This is generally the case in Saudi hotels, but I could not get used to it because it makes the room very somber.
The internet connection was working efficiently and very quiet. No problem to leave it on at night, an important argument in a hot city like Jeddah. My room was equipped with a flat screen TV, wireless, fast and reliable internet connection, a water cooker with coffee and tea amenities (unfortunately only decaf) and mineral water (daily refill).
The bathroom was well sized, clean and ok. But there was some mold in the shower, which I think is a no-go in such an hotel. Furthermore, there was an uncomfortable smell in the room. I couldn't exactly identify it, but I think it was due to humidity. Without this problem I would eventually have given 4 points.
The breakfast buffet was really excellent, with a huge choice of warm and cold things. Definitely worth its price.
The hotel is located in the city centre. There is not that much in the direct neighbouhood, but you eventually can find some restaurants. Opposite from the hotel is a water-pipe bar, one of just a few things you can do at night in Saudi Arabia.
Overall, the hotel was ok and can be recommended, only the smell in my room was not acceptable. And some refurbishment would give this hotel an even better image.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Schackel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for having chosen Radisson Blu for your stay in Jeddah. We are looking into the issue you raised regarding the smell and I would like to apologize for any discomfort.

We are in fact in the process of renovating the remainder of the older rooms and will hopefully complete this project before the end of this summer.

We appreciate your kind feedback and hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to our lovely city.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

The service at this hotel was excellent. The location was perfect for my needs as this was a business trip and this is near to teh area I needed to be in.

I cannot really mark the hotel down for being dirty or looking old, since the hotel is in Jeddah, and the sand makes everything look old and dated.

The food at the hotel was very good, and I must say that I was delighted with my room (711) had plenty of space and was cleaned daily.

One thing I would say is that the cleaner came around at 10pm one night, seemed a very odd time to come to do cleaning, but at least they came.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Cooper,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed 2 days in this hotel for Business. The hotel is situated at the end of Madina road entering the city of Jeddah (ALBALAD). The hotel location is not bad, but the surrounded area is very busy and crowded all day.

The rooms are clean but the furniture is very old. The Desk, Bed, Chairs and TV are all old. I dont think they are selling this kind of TV anymore. The Bed Pillows are extremely uncomfortable. I suggest they consider a full reinnovation of the hotel. I have booked a smoking room and the reception checked me in a non-smoking room, when I asked him to shift me to a smoking room. He told me dont worry we are going to send you an ash-tray!!!!!

The hotel restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch are good with large variety of foods.

ALBAIK (famous restaurant similar to KFC) is near the hotel at the other end of the street.

Room Tip: When you book a room make sure they guarantee you the reinnovated rooms/suites not the old roomd.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr. Al Naimi,

I have re-emphasized our hotel’s non-smoking room policy with our team leaders: ashtrays should absolutely not be offered in non-smoking rooms. I am sorry this occurred.

The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Radisson Blu tries to make the best out of your Jeddah stay. Very quick, activw and friendly check-in. Well-appointed room, good shower and quick internet connection. Restaurants OK, especially teh brekfats buffet with abundant food and choices.
Only things missing are a pool and shops aroud the hotel to get rid of some of your time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RCinJeddah, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, 7 March 2011