See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 January 2016

Did not get off to a good start here, as I was given the key to a room which was literally opposite reception. I looked inside the room and it was very dark, even with the curtains open and the lights on in full daylight. I asked for another room and was given one that was in a block to the rear of the hotel. This was also dark even with lights on, but it was away from the ridiculous room I was offered before (reception being a very busy and therefore noisy area in any hotel) so i took it.

There is standing water outside the front of the block and a stagnant water pool outside the window of the room, so I would not care to stay here in summer (I visited in December 2015) as the mosquitos must be at epidemic level. The shower was luke warm and the water pressure was a trickle on each of the two days I stayed here.

Sleep quality was good, and even though it is a 10 minute walk to the centre of Luang Prabang, I rather liked this as I like walking anyway, the streets are safe and it is lovely to see the people sitting outside their houses shooting the breeze in this rather lovely little village.

Breakfast is buffet style, and had a poor selection. The wi-fi only works well in reception, but there are plenty of comfy seats to choose from.

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Hotel got positive reviews in Lonely Planet in the past. The last positive review on trip advisor date from latest 2014. Our experience was a worn out, overpriced, poor choice for breakfast, terrible coffee and worst of all is the service. They are not helpful and not interested to help at all. We stayed 2 nights and then decided to move to other hotel. Not worth the price of more than 50USD per room (high season pricing).

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

The outside of the hotel looks quite nice on the outside, but seems like it has had its best years. Staff is bored and not very helpful, old rooms with run-down bathrooms, cleaning not done very well (had dirty sheets after cleaning, dirty bathroom at arrival), breakfast with over the date orange juice and staff did not even respond to complaints, locks of rooms do not work. Steeply overpriced.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2015

This hotel is mainly for groups. I was booked in with a group and as I had to arrive early I booked an extra night. Like a previous contributor I arrived - in the evening after a long HK-Hanoi-LP trip - to find no record of my booking, through booking.com. However, I got a room ok. Room mostly ok, minor plumbing problems. Could sometimes get wifi in it, like now. Public areas good. Breakfast adequate - sets you up for the day. Staff friendly. Paid $35, high season rate. Easy walk to town at cool times, but sweaty in the heat of the afternoons. If I was coming independently I'd look for something more central, on one or other of the rivers. Seen two other groups here over two days.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was in email contact with the hotel and even though I confirmed twice my room booking they did not have me booked. Nor was there a taxi to pick me up at the airport. However, it all worked out ok. I stayed in a deluxe room which was quiet and large. Bed was a bit hard but bathroom was good. Breakfast is basic. You have to walk to get to sites. I did not have problems with being woken up at 4am by the monks as another reviewer did - I found the hotel quiet which is why I chose it. Staff were friendly. No wifi in rooms but I found plenty of cafes in town that had wifi so it didn't matter. The grounds are peaceful and beautiful.

Date of stay: February 2014