US$130
US$106
US$92
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$127
Thongbay Guesthouse(Luang Prabang)
US$55
US$52
US$246
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
US$322
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2011

From reading most of the reviews I wasn't sure people had stayed at the same accommodation.
The guest house which is the size of an hotel has at least 3 room categories . The garden is very beautiful, looked after and has lao and Buddhist ornaments and a built pond on the surface of which is the restaurat.
Yes you eat outside and it is a good start for the day.
the location is 5 to 10 minutes walk to the old city and attractions – depends on your orientation and walking pace.
The lady manager speaks good English and is helpful, friendly and willing to please. The staff is well trained and , the evening young receptionists (I think part of the family) are efficient and nice.
A small advice - smile and say Sabdi and you'll get a smile back.
The rooms are big, comfortable, the mattress is hard as like other places I stayed in Laos – for me it was fine, I couldn't use the hard pillows - so what!
There is a mini-bar in the room, air-condition, some rooms have a balcony, they put a complimentary bottle of water every day, there is a hair-dryer – I stayed in a more expensive accommodation and didn't have one.

There is television with many channels BBC and Cnn And free Wi-Fi, The price is very reasonable especially for luang Prabang and if you stay 4 nights you get a 10% reduction. Lonely planet recommended this guesthouse that's how I got to it and so do I.

Room Tip: Not near the wat if you are a light sleeper. , Alsomake sure they don't have parties at the guesthouse while you stay there. I knew to ask from Lonely Planet
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank michelle D
Reviewed 20 May 2010

The hotel was booked by my travel agent as I did not want to do this by myself. I guess it is somewhat overpriced, but the room and the whole hotel is clean, staff friendly, however I was the only guest. Breakfast not over the top, but sufficient, free WFI-internet which is important for me. The walk to town is a bit tedious in hot weather, but on the second day I got myself a bike and this is great fun. The room is spacious with fan, AC, hot water. So nothing to complain about. It seems the whole compound was overhauled since the reviews of early 2009.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Chatouli
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This hotel has a quiet en nice location, just out of the centre (10 minutes walk.) The rooms are clean and have a nice balcony. The breakfast is very basic, but ok if you only spent a few days.
The lady-owner is very friendly and helpfull, but her staff (the nightwatch) isn’t. During our visit in Laos, this was the only hotel where the staff was not friendly. For this reason I don’t recommend to stay here.
The hotel is also overpriced (but that was also the other hotels we visited in Luang Prabang).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M0sa
Reviewed 7 January 2009

The exterior says this hotel once was a jewel but not much has been done to keep it in shape. Interior of the room was shabby. Mattress a disaster. Door to the bathroom was so damaged that it could not be closed. The mornings were very cold but breakfast served only outdoors. Besides the travelagent, Teamworkz in Vientiane, made a second booking by their misstake that I had to pay for..

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank tingvar
Reviewed 6 March 2007

We booked our stay at the Ban Lao guest house for four nights in late February over the internet. We followed all the procedures the Ban Lao required, including reconfirming a week ahead. When we arrived at the guest house, we were told, sorry, no room. But we had reservations that we reconfirmed, we said. Sorry and no interest in helping us. As it turns out, they decided to let the people in the room we had reserved stay longer irrespective of their commitment to us. After much discussion, with multiple persons and us refusing to leave (no where to go in any case as much else was booked that we knew about), the Ban Lao did find us another guest house around the corner to stay.

We can't comment on the facilities other than to note that the lobby was run down, but if you chose to stay, have a back up plan and arrive fully prepared for the worst.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family