“A little jewel.....”

Khao Soi Chiangmai
Ranked #150 of 224 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Miss Hum ,owner ( Thai from Chiangmai ) is basically in her kitchen but as soon as she will have a moment she will welcome you with a smile and her limited English.If you see a taller male waiter he is simply the one you need with any kind of help.Thai food is absolutely divine ; served as you wish it !so dont hesitate to talk about mild ,medium or spicy.NO MSG around isnt that worth the walk along the Mekong ? Great fresh vegetables, , Firm tasty Tofu, a choice of fresh delicious meat ! Luang Prabang is not near a sea so i recommend you stay away from sea food anywhere in the Lao ! there are many ponds but ?????? .The place is basic ,but very clean for Asian style . I am an advocate of quality versus price and at Miss Hum it raises above !!! Please visit this restaurant and lets hear about your point of view.Happy New Year dear fellows travelers ,Love and Light always !

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Had one of the more memorable dining experiences of my life here watching an absolutely stunning sunset with an amazing bowl of Khao Soi. I have been to Chiang Mai and thought this dish was just as good if not better than some of the best bowls of noodles I have had in my 7 weeks in SE Asia. Add some very cheap beers, the perfect sunset music playlist, and amazing scenery and you have the perfect dining experience. We were surprised that when we went there were only 3 other people in the whole restaurant so it's definitely a hidden gem yet to be discovered. Def worth a visit and enjoyed this more than Tamarind or Aspara.

2  Thank Kyle G
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited here three times during our stay in Luang Prabang. Easily the best noodle dish we have had during our month in SE Asia so far. Restaurant is now on Mekong riverfront not on Main Street, it's the close to being the last restaurant on the right on the one way street before the hill looping up to the Main Street. If you love curry noodles you have to go here!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This newly opened restaurant is great for a quick feed with really yummy food. It's a noodle shop with just a few choices so don't expect bells and whistles! I had the noodles in green curry and it was yummy but I had complete food envy over the Khao Soi....looks so good and everyone said it was good.

Popular with local Lao, Thais, expats and tourists, it's a winner. Service is a bit casual. Nice to have some new style of noodles in LPB.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We had been out for a five hour hike and were making our way back to the night market area for a light lunch when we happened on this little restaurant. The khao Soi was the best I've tasted and although my wife claimed not to be hungry she had no problems eating half of mine. Each time I asked if she wanted her own bowl she wasn't that hungry. She did say that she knew where she wanted to eat this evening though. The dishes were 15,000 kip which is such good value for such good food. Run by a lady from Thailand with a limited menu. The restaurant is open from 9am til 9pm so we need to get there early for dinner. What a great find