“Gemstone”

Ranked #59 of 234 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$1 - US$4
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Bee Tree is located in Muang Ngoi Neua. It's just at the end of the main street. It's nice garden with the valley and mountain view. We are making the garden more and more nicer. You can get there by boat if you are in Nongkhiaw and by walk if you are in Muang Ngoi Neua. It's the best place for chill out after the long day trip and trekking.
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

This is a place your hoping to find on your trips.
A small hidden village at the end of the road.
You find this outdoor setting , low om pretensions , a low key setting.
Until you get your food. The best flavours the niccest ingredients they take food here verry serious.
Where to find a stew with sagan spicy wood in it ? This is your spot to check out.

1  Thank Bivakkers

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My friend and I ended up at Bee Tree in Meuang Ngoi two nights in a row. I really enjoyed the ambience of the place and it's obvious they put a lot of care and time into details. The garden is really relaxing, however; we sat at the bar each time as the owner is an engaging fellow and quite easy to talk too. He makes some delicious drinks and even though I am usually just a Beer Lao drinker, both nights I ordered a specialty drink and was suitably impressed. I would expect this place to be full at least during the standard times, but I didn't notice more then a few other people there at any given time. Hopefully, it will gain in popularity as I've heard they have excellent food too.

1  Thank John M
Anousith P, Manager at Bee Tree Food & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Great! Thank you for your nice comments and recommendation.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

When we visited Muang Ngoi we were dissapointed to hardly find good Lao food. One of the villagers where we rented bicycles tol dus that the tourists who visit prefer western food and that is the main reason that most places don't brother to make good Lao food these days. Then we discovered the Bee Tree Lounge. They have an excellent Lao menu. We were very excited Aboutaleb the food and cozy atmosphere and returned every night. Noy is the owner. He is very proud of his good food and also maken excellent cocktails. Noy got his cookingtraining in Luang Prabang at Tum Tum Cheng. If you like the food at the Bee Tree Lounge and if you are interested in taking a cooking class while you are in Luang Prabang, I would definately recomend Tum Tum Cheng. That is exactly what we did and now being back in Amsterdam, I can make curry exactly the way I ate it so many times at Noy's Bee Tree Lounge :-)))) We spend quite a few days in Muang Ngoi (8 days to be precise) and we almost tried everything on the menu. It's all fantastic! Thank you Noy for keeping Lao food alive in Muang Ngoi.

1  Thank Svandervelden

thank you for your great recommendation!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

… and I would like to think that I know that, cause I have been to all the restaurants. First, they don't use MSG (sooooo sick of that chemical that you get in every meal, cause it's not healthy and it makes my stomach go mad and it doesn't taste natural). Second, the staff is sweet. Third, they have a nice menu with good vegetarian options. Fourth, they have a cosy garden and when it is cold you can eat by the fire. This is not the cheapest place in the village, but not the most expensive. Well, of course it is cheap. You get a meal for about 30 000 kip. And if you compare to the 25 000 kip buffets on the same street it FEELS expansive. But remember: better food and no MSG :). BTW, Bee Tree is located just in the end of the main road. The last house.

1  Thank Sarasusername

Thank you for your nice recommendation. I am glad that you like our local food and the drink!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Placed at the end of the road but first choice in town. The atmosphere is lovely and the food was delicious and freshly cooked. the owner was friendly and helpful. A highlight of our visit was the cocktail happy hour with local rice whiskey cocktails. strong but unique taste.

1  Thank ujcgc
Yensabaibookandart, Manager at Bee Tree Food & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you very much for your value comment!