All reviews french chef waterfall pool laotian coffee small river khun homewood hillside gm luxury resort villa riverside spa accommodation
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rosewood Luang Prabang is definitely the best resort in Luang Prabang. I have stayed in a few resorts in the past in Luang Prabang and I must say that Rosewood is located in the most stunning location, surrounded by waterfalls/tropical forest , which give a very unique experience truly like no other resorts in Luang Prabang. The service there was personalized with great attention to details. The food was AMAZING! It truly showcases the authentic Laotian cuisine. I have spoken to Chef Sebastien at the resort whom I believe have won multiple awards and have been appointed by UNESCO as a brand ambassador for Laotian cuisine (If I understood correctly). The food there is therefore the best. They also have the choice for in-room breakfast, which is included in the room rate (as attached photo), which is great because I prefer to have it privately in the room and enjoy the scenic view.

In terms of the room, I stayed at the Hilltop Tents with my mom, which is located on the hilltop. This room type is great although we had to walk up on a few steps up the stairs to the tent, but it definitely worth it because the room is located on the hilltop surrounded by mountains and tropical lushed landscape. It truly gives a unique experience, I felt as though I was immersed in nature and I can rarely find this type of product anywhere else.

I also had a chance to try out some of the activities that Rosewood has been offering to guests. I did a tradition Laotian monk blessing / Alm giving in the morning. The session starts very early in the morning at 5-5:30 am depending on which location you choose to go whether it’s the city center or the local village, but it is definitely a must-try activity when you come to Luang Prabang. I particularly like how they have an option to choose between city and village as I have had experience with the monk blessing in the city and it was very crowded. I would highly recommend the monk blessing in the local village, as it is more private and secluded from the crowd and Rosewood has a dedicated guide who will take you from beginning to the end.

I would definitely go back to the resort for my next visit in Luang Prabang and would like to recommend those travelers seeking for a truly unique experience because you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rojjirat O
Elias_Pertoft, Managing Director at Rosewood Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Khun Rojjirat,

Thank you for this beautiful review of our resort!
We agree the views from the tents are amazing, treetops and mountains as far as you can see.

Morning almsgiving with Sommay at the village is truly special where you are the only foreigner around, this is the true culture of Luang Prabang where you sit with the grandmothers of the village to provide a first meal of the day to monks and novices.

Lastly, Sebastien and the team have set out on a quest to reintroduce Royal Laotian Cousine, in fact the locals in Luang Prabang tells us this is what they had their grandmothers serve them when it was still the Royal Capital of Laos.

Hope to meet again soon, we are only a short flight away from the city of angels yet it feels as though you go back 30 years in time with local traditions and festivals still vibrant everywhere you look.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The room is really nice ,clean and luxurious. They have a big bathtub and the aroma scent body and hair care. Their travel kit is in cute bag. Moreover, they have the waterfront balcony that we can chill.
The breakfast is so fantastic! They have a basic menu likes pancake, egg benedict and omelette . However, they also have the traditional menus too. And all of them taste really nice.
To summarize, I have really good experience at this hotel. The food and the room is nice. Really recommend to visit!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bbamm2018

Dear Khun Aon,

Thank you for coming to stay with us, the Riverside suites where you stayed are some of our favourites!
Perfect for families as they connect but also right next to the river, next time you should try fishing off your balcony.
Will share with the team and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Setting is spectacular, straddling a rushing river with beautiful grounds. Rooms are spacious, high-celilinged and idiosyncratically decorated. Staff is friendly and attentive. Food is a nice mix of Lao and western. Luang Prabang is a gem, best seen now before completion of the train from China in 2020.

I can't think of a bad thing to say..

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Elias_Pertoft, Managing Director at Rosewood Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Peter,

Greetings from the ancient Laotian royal capital of Luang Prabang!

Thank you for staying with us, so happy you loved your Riverside Suite and our river valley.
We hope to see you back in Luang Prabang to show you more gems of unspoilt nature and culture soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

It was my first time overnighting in a privileged pool villa by a natural fall, which means apart from the gorgeous and playful design, a soothing sound of flowing water easily transported me to a tranquil state of mind. I could say that I can just stay in for days at Rosewood Luang Prabang without a minute of boredom. The spa is also an impressive must with an experience of sheer relaxation amidst the pure and beautiful nature like nowhere else. Foods tastes good. Hospitality is more than top-notch. I left the resort feeling mentally energized and rejuvenated like never before.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Elias_Pertoft, Managing Director at Rosewood Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Khun Fah,

Thank you for these kind words! We strive to be a relaxing oasis while exploring Luang Prabang.
We are truly blessed with our surroundings of jungle and river, very special indeed. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the spa, it truly makes a difference to focus on local healing techniques and sourcing our ingredients fresh from the spa garden, I will pass on your feedback to Ron and his team!

Hope to see you soon again, and as we said you need to stay longer as there are so many wonderful experiences here.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My husband and I had an amazing, memorable, and delicious dining experience at Rosewood. It was a special occasion and the staff really looked after us. We had a private dining table overlooking the nearby stream. The calming sounds of the water lended itself to the enjoyment of the bottle of wine we shared. The chef, Sebastian, came out to explain to us the menu that he'd arranged for us that night. It was a 4 course meal that was beautifully presented as well as a wonderful treat for the palate. The waiters were attentive and discreet. I haven't stopped talking about this date night since! Thank you again folks at Rosewood and the lovely GM, Elias for this fantastic memory!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Elias_Pertoft, Managing Director at Rosewood Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Yoxa & Brad,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Rosewood here, we are blessed with an amazing landscape in our beautiful river valley.
Hope to have you back soon and I promise there are many memorable settings for those special occasions that the team can surprise you with.