“Fresh and tasty food, great views”

Ranked #104 of 230 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were recommended this place by people livin in LP. Indeed we tried and then went back two more times. It is located by the Mekong riverside, enjoying a wonderful sunset view. The restaurant is family run, and has a huge menu. Go for the Luang Prabang dishes section, and ask the staff for their suggestions. We had a coconut milk, rice noodles, fish and fresh herbs soup, and then other soups, all were equally delicious and freshly cooked, and we did not wait long. Large portions for prices between 15 and 25 lak, one of the cheapeest places on the river. Drinks are also very affordable, Lao coffe is 5 lak, a beer is 10. Other dishes such as the papaya salad were nothing special, but the soups are great. Not to be confused with the much more expensive Tamarind restaurant, on the other riverside. And don’t be put off by the attitude of the staff, at the beginning they can be a bit hard faced, but after a while if you ask nicely they can even tell you a lot of interesting stories about the city...

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I looked at the menus of the restaurants along the Mekong river and this place had the cheapest price. I also had my most memorable meal at Luang Prabang here! It's no wonder this restaurant had relatively more people than the other places when I was there.

We ordered the fried fish with garlic which was SUBLIME! So delicious I could not stop talking about it. I also had noodles with fish in spicy soup with coconut milk (sorry I can't remember the number on the menu, but the description is pretty long on the menu and rather easy to spot), and really enjoyed it. Our meal of 1 fish, 2 noodles, 1 coffee, and 1 fresh coconut came up to 100,000 kip.

Service is fast (though boss lady is a little grumpy, but no big deal), and great views of the Mekong river. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Fast and helpfull ordering. Quickly served. Low Price. Nice looking food, god portions. One had pork with cashewnuts and one had chicken with muchrooms in coconut sauce. Great spot overlooking Mekong river. Best recommandations.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

The service is great. The food was one of the best we ate in Luang Prabang and the prices were low. Worth trying.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I was here for a drink. However, the price of Bia Lao I was charged was 2000 kip more than what was on the menu. Not a big deal, but left me wondering. Did not try any food after that.