“2nd Class Hotel, but still recommendable”

Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Reviewed 19 May 2016

If you go to Karachi, in most cases you go for business reasons. In the former days (20 years ago) I used the Marriot. My colleagues stayed in the Interconti which is now the Movenpick. But - keep a low profile. The Ramada is probably one of the safest international hotels in Karachi. Main reason is, most guests are locals (Pakistani) or from other middle east countries, Turkey, some Chinese, but not Americans, British or French. Sorry, this fact makes the hotel safe.
Why do not I like the Ramada so much?
First, when you check in, you are expected to pay directly for the full stay. Like in a youth hostel. Second, European guest will get offered the rooms in the bungalows, but they are never free of mosquitos. That means, you have to fight for a room in the main wing. (Attention: Not all rooms are no-smoking.)
Food: I personally have huge problems with the Pakistani food. I can eat in India vegetarian, no issue. But in Pakistan the food is heavy-loaded with oils, which are stable regarding the temperature (private kitchens may heat up to 40 and 50 °C during most hours of the day) and for me undigestable. I pay high attention on the level of oil in the food, be careful.
During breakfast I take my cereals - brought from Switzerland - and some hot milk. In the evening, I take plane nuns (not the buttered ones = too oily), and barbecue (only close to well done), no curries (which is sad, because they are very tasty). In general, the kitchen is good - but ...
Cleanliness: Not perfect.
Executive floor: Just better maintained, no bigger rooms; not worth the money (50 % surcharge).
Security: The absence of certain nationalities makes the Ramada secure. The security installations (like at the airport) are not trust-worthy, sorry. Hotel is close to various military installations (and very close to airport), which should help. I think the hotel is very safe.
Sports: The Ramada has a nice swimming pool (25 m), but I do not trust the water; the only option is to run in the garden - around the Swimming pool, 30 rounds are about 35 min. The gym looks ok, but maintenance could be better. I stayed in the Ramada 3 times during 2015/16 (April, May 2015 and April 2016), jogging was just ok (ref. to temp. in the morning at 5:45).

Room Tip: Avoid the bungalows (mosquitos!).
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Obaid U, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Warmest Greetings from Ramada Plaza Karachi!

We would like to thank you for choosing Ramada Plaza Karachi as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Karachi and for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you faced during your recent visit to the Ramada Plaza Karachi.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your comments are of great value to us. The Ramada Plaza Karachi team continue to strive and maintain the best levels of service at all times.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in our hotel! With Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I always really enjoy my stay at Ramada karachi but there is some more extra care is required as during my recent stay I was in room 116 and the muslim shower was leaking during my two days stay nobody has taken any notice about that and every day when i came back from office i found that shower turned closed rather rectified.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

over all experiance was not good. service and rooms do not add value to the money spend. and above all during breakfast a live live warm (insect) was found in serving plate but no satisfactory response from management

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Location is good for short term stay, Staff is not fully cooperative and efficient. More than an hour waited just to have confirmation of room then finally I had only one choice to select a apartment. at the time of initial payment I informed that I might stay one more day which I will tell tomorrow but when I reached at reception to extend my day they refused and replied we already had booked it. I urged to have a room but the answer was NO ROOM even I saw some peoples were getting room on call of Manager's personal relation.......... :-(

Room Tip: I will not prefer for longer stay more than 3~4 Days because it is far from main city attraction.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family