“Simply the best vegetarian food I have ever eaten”

Shwe Khaing Barbeque
Ranked #36 of 260 Restaurants in Mandalay
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I eat everything in terms of meat, fish and vegetarian but due to the very good reviews and proximity to our hotel I chose this particular restaurant.
We were waited on hand and foot in a simple bamboo shack restaurant. All the tables are outside in the open but under a roof and they have fans.
The food was very authentic vegetarian Burmese food.
The tea leaf salad was out of this world and had so much taste, texture and bite. We also had the pumpkin curry and some vegetable springs rolls. Everything was delicious and well cooked.
The staff were all smiley, helpful and I felt I was in someone’s living room as part of the family. After our meal we were given complimentary Burmese sweets of palm sugar, bananas with honey and a plate of mango and papaya. We left very content and stuffed but not before a quick look in the kitchen where I asked to take a photo of the genius who had cooked the dishes.

I would absolutely recommend this place if you are a vegetarian or not.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

i try to go there call their number but the lady who pick up the call know nothing about the place

the current address (as of 20 Jul) is at 32street & 76 street

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This place provided us one of our favorite eating experiences of our two month trip in Asia. There is a large display of skewered meat, fish, and vegetables that you pick up and put into a basket to be barbecued. The menu also has many other dishes like rice, noodles and dumplings. Also COLD beer in chilled mugs, either draft or bottles. A must place to go in Mandalay!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Fully packed but staff will arrange a table. No wine but order beer or bottle of johnny walker red/black label Whisky (30.000 k for 1 liter!). You can choose from many meat/fish and vegetable skewers behind the counter, put it in a basket and staff will bbq. What a great concept for a reasonable price!

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Well even though the food was great and the environment as I like it.
Something was missing in the taste of the BBQ. The taste was a bit flat and not enough seasoning (not my seasoning but it was ”only” a great taste of the fish.

I might sound negative but the food was good! Maybe not the best Ive had, but for sure worth to go there.