“Still good value”

Lashio Lay
Ranked #26 of 230 Restaurants in Mandalay
Cuisines: Burmese
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Between 83/84 streets.
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Eat here a couple of lunchtimes. Quite popular now. Veg dish with rice for about $2. Comes with soup and salad. Worth visiting if in that part of town. I would say cleaner than some other restaurants. You get the food straight away, just point at which dishes you want. Mix of locals and tourists.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

It's a Shan restaurant,located in Mandalay.You can order your meal by pointing which you like and then enjoy the meal.This restaurant has a perfect meal,fair price and good service.

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

A local restaurant in Mandalay, serving Shan dishes.

It's easy here, get a plate of rice and point and choose whatever you like. Food was good and cheap.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

It has a big array of dishes. From an Asian point of view, the food is only so, so
It is like mass production, not my type of food.

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Well I stumbled in this place looking for a quick bite. Most restaurants close around 9pm in Mandalay and it was almost ten so I thought I'd try it out. The food was cold. It just kinda sits out in the wide open. Whatever, looks good. I ordered my cold meal and the very first spoonful had a cooked maggot. I pulled it out and pretended it never happened and preceded to eat cautiously. Then, a small cockroach was crawling around on my table. I shooed him away and continued. I looked over and observed a server pull a dirty bowl out of a pile of dirty dishes and fill it with soup. He then delivered it to my table. As I was enjoying the fresh cucumber slices with some kinda spicy dipping sauce (delicious by the way) that little roach made his way back to the table, this time in my plate of food. I shooed it away again, asked for the check, thanked the people and off I went.
Food was actually good. Would be much better if it were hot and sanitary. But let's get real here. I'm not gonna complain because I had to pay 2 U.S. Dollars for a meal in one of the poorest countries in the world.