1,665 results
All reviews port el outdoor pool evening entertainment couscous crepes quad biking medina cleaners arabic marhaba dancing nightclub
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

*Free WiFi in the lobby only, if you're lucky enough you might have a random open WiFi connection in some of the rooms on the 6th floor.
*All the even number rooms have a beautiful sea view, odd number rooms have the street view.
*Cleaners come in once everyday and change bedsheets, clean toilets, hoover etc.
*Very modern lift system
*You are given a blank white card which automatically unlocks your room with a tap on the handle, however, the room number is not written on the card so be careful not to mix it up.
*All of the rooms that have a sea view have balconies I'm not sure about the street view rooms.
*There are 7 floors in total.
*My package was breakfast + dinner, breakfast is served from 6 to 9/10am and dinner is served from 7 to 9pm.
*Breakfast: variety of croissants, tea/coffee, fresh orange juice for 3 dinars (£1), different salads, salami and sausage, oily potatoes, freshly made omelette with some vegetables, freshly made crêpes with chocolate, hard boiled eggs and other dishes.
*Dinner: plain pasta where you can add separate sauce, different fresh pizzas, salami and sausages, potato chips, meat curry, rice, couscous, roast chicken, different salads and other dishes.
*Dessert: different types of tiramisu and pastries.
*There is a heated indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool.
*Across the outdoor pool they have a linked shopping area, small and quiet.
*The lobby is beautiful, there are around three pool tables and some hockey/football tables where you pay 2 X 1dinar coins to play a match.
*There is a bar in the middle of the lobby

Any questions please ask me

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SKOfficial
Tej M, Responsable réception at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

So glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and thank you for taking the time to write your very refreshing and informative review. We are constantly upgrading and improving our standards to meet the requirements of our esteemed guests and therefore we do appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 3 February 2018

We stayed in the Tej again after always staying there on and Off for 17 years as this it was to celebrate my wifes 70th Birthday.
We were very disappointed in the standard of the Hotel as it has really gone down hill since our last visit in July.
The rooms were not cleaned properly as I had bed bug bites on my return home.
Maintenance was more or less non existence as one of our party requested a light bulb replaced in bathroom on day 1 but after 7 days still nothing so gave up, plugs in sinks not working various stains in toilet been there for ages cannot remove it.
Menu was poor as no change in Menu plus our first day on arrival the food was cold even with the Bain Marie on, Chef not to bothered just looked important lounging around by the Restaurant entrance.
Staff as normal still friendly as they all knew us so this helped our stay more bearable.
The G.M was very arrogant looked right through you and did,nt have the courtesy to ask any guests how our stay was or is everything alright.
Algerian guests were there and had evening entertainment on but once they left the Animation Team disappeared so the Evenings were boring and just piped music which was send you to bed early kind of music.
Thankfully the staff we knew laid on a cake for my wifes birthday so her celebration went off well thanks to the company we were with.
Indoor Pool was operational and was for once Open and well heated but still needs Tiles replacing and repairs to chipped ones.
It seems that its all for the Algerians now and Europeans will now come second even though we tip the staff and are polite to them.
I am sorry to say but we will not be returning to the Tej again even after 17 years of staying there as the standard has really dropped.

Room Tip: Stay on higher Floors eg 5-6-7 ideal
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert C
Tej M, Responsable réception at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

thank you for visiting our hotel again, it gives us the power to move forward and keep our establishment up to our customers, we try to give our attention to our customers especially, faithful, we can never achieve perfection , I hope we stay in touch and your opinion will push us to improve our service to satisfy our customers

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Thsi hotel it si not good because I am person from Romania , I am a woman european and i had reservation on internet ago 3 month on my name one doble room but staff refused accommodation because not had paper for married , but paid money for hotel together with reservation .They have declined categorize . I traveled thousands of kilometers and I was denied and I not received money.It is not normal such because this condition it is couple arab or woman arab , it is not for me wich I am european woman.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirela C
Tej M, Responsable réception at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

thank you again for choosing our hotel, unfortunately in your case our Tunisian law is clear couples(if one of them is an arab) can not be housed in the same room as they are not married, we respect only the law, and concerning your reservation; As you did not check in, the hotel took nothing from you or from the agency with whom you booked. we are apologize for you, and we hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The rooms in this hotel are very dated and although there are cleaners coming in and out everyday the level of cleanliness is not what you expect in a 4* hotel. Our carpet was hovered twice in the fortnight. Reception staff were very rude to my partner on two occasions when reporting faults with the room, they seemed as if they did not want to help. Breakfast was standard we didn't each at the hotel for dinner. The indoor pool was filthy, tiles and dirt lying at the bottom of it. When I took my bikini off it looked as if I had a sun tan but actually it was just dirt. I had a water infection after swimming in the pool, my partner also had an ear infection. Deffinatly won't be booking again. The only good points are the location of this hotel and I only paid £9 a night for two. This hotel is usually more expensive than others in the area of a lower rating which are much nicer cleaner and better overall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank Ajm1232017
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here frequently over the years and always teturn.

The location can't be beat. Just a short walk to the Medina. Staff are accommodating to the nth degree. The guests? They run the range from visiting businessman, a wave of Algerians and Russians in recent years to the many familiar faces of Europeans and UK regulars.

The hotel is a cross between a convenrion center to an all inclusive resort. I suspect that many guests rarely leave the grounds which is a pity as you are just feet away from luxury condominiums to housing for instruction workers and numerous cafés where you can get fine coffee for maybe 30 cents.

Security has changed certainly, but is not in any way obtrusive. Some staff have retired and those remaining tend to be seasoned veterans capable of gently handling the most demanding guests.

The daily buffets are a treat. If there is something you want and don't see, they will often prepare it especially for you. Guests preferring to eat in their rooms? Some minor fee. Perhaps $2.

The pool is massive. The magnificent lobby? It is 5:30 am and being microcleaned as I type.

This trip I used a safety deposit box. Why? I am getting older and afraid I might misplace something like my passport. Nothing in my room has ever been lost. One trip I left a money belt. The next year? It was waiting for me at reception complete with money.

There is not much to spend money on here certainly. Sousse is not renown for shopping. The designer name brands visible everywhere? Likely counterfeit. There are many quality mid range stores certainly.

Bring an unlocked cellphone with you. Wifi access and telephone calls are incredibly cheap. $10 will give you 24/7 access for three weeks.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo