US$126
US$91
US$86
US$182
US$142
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
US$66
US$63
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$63
Hotels.com
US$20
TripAdvisor
Dar Aicha(Sousse)
1,647 results
All reviewsport eloutdoor poolevening entertainmentcouscouscrepesquad bikingmedinacleanersarabicmarhaba
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Thsi hotel it si not good because I am person from Romania , I am a woman european and i had reservation on internet ago 3 month on my name one doble room but staff refused accommodation because not had paper for married , but paid money for hotel together with reservation .They have declined categorize . I traveled thousands of kilometers and I was denied and I not received money.It is not normal such because this condition it is couple arab or woman arab , it is not for me wich I am european woman.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirela C
Tej M, Responsable réception at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

thank you again for choosing our hotel, unfortunately in your case our Tunisian law is clear couples(if one of them is an arab) can not be housed in the same room as they are not married, we respect only the law, and concerning your reservation; As you did not check in, the hotel took nothing from you or from the agency with whom you booked. we are apologize for you, and we hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The rooms in this hotel are very dated and although there are cleaners coming in and out everyday the level of cleanliness is not what you expect in a 4* hotel. Our carpet was hovered twice in the fortnight. Reception staff were very rude to my partner on two occasions when reporting faults with the room, they seemed as if they did not want to help. Breakfast was standard we didn't each at the hotel for dinner. The indoor pool was filthy, tiles and dirt lying at the bottom of it. When I took my bikini off it looked as if I had a sun tan but actually it was just dirt. I had a water infection after swimming in the pool, my partner also had an ear infection. Deffinatly won't be booking again. The only good points are the location of this hotel and I only paid £9 a night for two. This hotel is usually more expensive than others in the area of a lower rating which are much nicer cleaner and better overall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank Ajm1232017
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here frequently over the years and always teturn.

The location can't be beat. Just a short walk to the Medina. Staff are accommodating to the nth degree. The guests? They run the range from visiting businessman, a wave of Algerians and Russians in recent years to the many familiar faces of Europeans and UK regulars.

The hotel is a cross between a convenrion center to an all inclusive resort. I suspect that many guests rarely leave the grounds which is a pity as you are just feet away from luxury condominiums to housing for instruction workers and numerous cafés where you can get fine coffee for maybe 30 cents.

Security has changed certainly, but is not in any way obtrusive. Some staff have retired and those remaining tend to be seasoned veterans capable of gently handling the most demanding guests.

The daily buffets are a treat. If there is something you want and don't see, they will often prepare it especially for you. Guests preferring to eat in their rooms? Some minor fee. Perhaps $2.

The pool is massive. The magnificent lobby? It is 5:30 am and being microcleaned as I type.

This trip I used a safety deposit box. Why? I am getting older and afraid I might misplace something like my passport. Nothing in my room has ever been lost. One trip I left a money belt. The next year? It was waiting for me at reception complete with money.

There is not much to spend money on here certainly. Sousse is not renown for shopping. The designer name brands visible everywhere? Likely counterfeit. There are many quality mid range stores certainly.

Bring an unlocked cellphone with you. Wifi access and telephone calls are incredibly cheap. $10 will give you 24/7 access for three weeks.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Leonard C
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Let's start with the porters.

They are almost always available to meet each and every guest. They are kind and patient and efficient. Then you move to the front desk. Reception staff are seasoned. Most have 20 years +/- experience. You can take it as a given that multilingual reception staff with extensive front line experience can resolve any issue quickly. They seem to have the ability to immediately associate clients with assigned rooms.

The rooms themselves? They are dated. Dated does not mean worn out or drab or lacking in any way. It simply means that ceramic tiles are not beige. TVs are modern flat screen. The remotes work. The lights work. Lots of hot water 24/7. Towels and linens are perhaps changed too frequently. I'd stick up a sign and tell guests to place towels in the tub if they want them changed.

The dining room? At what we pay? A standard buffet meal in any developed world hotel would cost more than a stay at the Tej, meals inclusive. For breakfast? Crepes, omelets any way you wish, eggs any way you wish from boiled to sunny side up. A selection of breads, cakes, jams, cheese. A selection of tea, coffee, fresh orange juice. Maybe a dozen hot dishes to chose from. Let's see. What is missing? Pork products and gravlax with capers.

For lunch or dinner? Usually a featured dish of the evening from fresh crab to Couscous with vegetables and chickpeas. Usually there are at least two fish dishes, beef dishes, lamb dishes, chicken dishes. Various potato dishes from french fries to baked, multiple vegetable dishes; multiple cold salad dishes. My favorite? Mulukhya, or Mloukhiya, takes 5 to 7 hours to prepare, which is often done to halfway in the evening and completed in the morning. The powder is prepared with olive oil and some tomato paste into a sauce, not soup, and big chunks of chuck beef are often added halfway through cooking. The dark green sauce simmers on low heat and is left to thicken to the consistency of tomato sauce. The sauce is served in small deep plates with a piece of beef and eaten with preferably white hardy French or Italian bread.  The recently retired chef gave me his personal recipe. The new Chief Chef? Mr Mondher Ammar is also gifted.

The clientele? On any trip I likely recognize between 20% as repeat guests. The older ones who tend to be upper middle class British, German, Spanish and a sprinkling or middle aged Eastern Europeans. These people could afford to stay at any hotel in Tunisia but invariably stay at the Tej in Sousse. That speaks volumes.

The negative reviews? I glance through and wonder what their possible expectations could be and think perhaps that they should limit their hotel stays to 5 Star Hotels in major cities in the western world where bell service would cost more than a stay at the Tej.

I was supposed to have returned today, but there was a connection delay in flights so I expect to be back there tomorrow.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms tend to be a little smaller. I have never seen or heard of a bad room and I have been there often.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter-sjn
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The location of this hotel is very good, it’s close to beach and many decent cafes and restaurants. Lobby, lounge very good. Food variety and quality excellent. Room view from my room, 356, excellent. Room, bathroom and general condition poor, but for the price I’ve paid I’m not complaining.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo