2,657 results
All reviews animation team beach bar our waiter sea view fantastic holiday saloon bar pizza evening entertainment bar staff french boules pool man these guys two weeks port el plenty of choice great fun a la carte restaurant
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed here with my Husband and my Mum and Dad (30 July - 04 Aug 2012) on all inclusive basis. Every aspect of our holiday in this hotel was perfect. Check-in was prompt and staff were friendly and welcoming, like other hotels we were given a welcome drink upon arrival. Mine and my Husands room was on the 3rd floor with sea and pool views. Our room was spottlessly clean and with a nice welcoming presentation of sweets scattered on our bed. There was a flat screen 32" TV, I assume they are doing out the rooms bit by bit as my parents room was also lovely but with an older style TV none of which matters as we didn't go there to watch TV!
Our first meal was lunch. The restaurant is very nice and staff are very accomodating. We seemed to be the only family which didn't have the same table every meal time like others buth this didn't bother us, the waiter spotted us going in and directed us to our table for each mealtime.
Food was very nice, I was cautious of what I was eating as I am pregnant but I found everything to be cooked well. The choice wasn't massive but what was served was to a suitable standard. Drinks were served to the table or you could get your own if you wished on the self service drink pumps. During breakfast tea and coffee were served to the table which I thought was a nice touch for an all inclusive hotel.

The hotel grounds are very well kept and not a plant out of place! The pool bar is serve yourself to soft drinks, water and beer, there isa bar man there for everything else. The beach is very large and you won't have a problem finding a sun bed beach or pool. The beach bar served pizza, fries and I think sandwichs from 1200-1700. There is a waiter who walks around the pool area that you can purchase a freshly made juice from, these did seem very popular despite not being all inclusive.
You are free to explore the grounds of the other Marhaba hotels withing the complex and use their swimming pools (one of which has water slides), however you are only entitled to all inclusive drinks/snacks in the hotel your booked into.

The hotel has a lobby bar which is split into smoking and non smoking areas. Again in the indoor bars tea and coffee are served to you, everything else you get from the bar. The other indoor bar called American Saloon is only open during the evening and has comfortable sofa seating and a pool table.

The shows and evening entertainment is standard (pretty much the same as the other Tunisian hotels) the best night was the beach party of which there was a fire show.

I have previously stayed in a couple of the other hotels in this complex and this is by far the best!

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. I have no negative remarks the only suggestion would be for fridges to be fitted in the rooms as your air con goes off when you leave the room.

We will all return to this hotel next year for a longer holiday.

I am happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Penelope_-_-_-_UK1
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel is not a four star and should be listed as a 3. We stayed all inclusive but had to tip all waiters, barman, sun bed man, just to get a decent service. If you did not tip drinks were served in small wafer thin plastic cups on the beach with 2 mouthfuls and it was gone, a tip would give you a bigger plastic beaker.

The food was average and people were crammed into the dining room with you not being able to get out from your table without disturbing the table behind you. Also you had to queue for food and quite often we just picked something else as we could not be bothered to wait 10 mins in a queue.

We all seemed to pick up the hotel cough and cold which seemed to be passing around. The pool water was 2 foot down from the edge which was really weird. Also the hotel shut at midnight with no opportunity for further drinks and waiters litterally made you finish your drinks also all the lights were turned off as well.

On a plus side the beach was wonderful and the rooms although dated were clean. All in all we expect a lot more from thomsons and were disappointed.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms were good but the balcony edge protection obscured the view when seated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Sam W
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The most stunning hotel you may ever see. Designed with its customers in mind, a beautifully luxurious holiday destination at a very reasonable price. Excellent food and plenty of it. From the beach front lunch and tea bar to the grand dining hall in the hotel its self. You will have more choice than you can imagine and with the all inclusive menu you will definitely have your fill. Waiters will bring drinks to you at the pool or in the Bar and also at the Beach. Spoilt as you have never been before. Tip the waiter the occasional Dinar and they will not be able to do enough for you. The hotel its self is literally on the beach front and has beautiful gardens surrounding its pool area. Don't worry about fighting for a sun lounger because a couple of Dinar for the attendant will secure you a bed every day in your chosen poolside location. Close to local shops although it hsa on of its own this hotel must be amongst the top 5 in Tunisia. Enjoy.

Room Tip: You will have a wonderful sea view if you ask.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CHRIS070163
Reviewed 31 August 2012

22/08/12 - 30/08/12
We travelled as a couple and having read some reviews I was starting to worry slightly but we had a great time. The hotel is lovely and clean and we found the staff really friendly whether you tipped them or not. We did but because we had good service and wanted to, not due to feeling pressured. The food was lovely and varied. Yes we had to sit at the same allocated table which was new to me but really didn't find it a problem; on our first day we said we didn't want to eat at an allocated time and the waiter was fine with that. The lager and wine were also very good and were often poured as staff saw us running low! The animation team work very hard particularly with kids and teens but even with adults beach football and volley ball was a regular laugh (he played/I laughed!) ;-) The beach and pool areas were lovely, very well maintained and like a warm bath to step in to. We always found spare beds/mattresses and shade easily without needing the pool man to help. We didn't use the spa or gym but a sports injury massage was excellent value. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. Our only warning would be not to close the balcony door when you both sit out as it locks you out and you have to shout to another balcony for someone to ring reception!

The hotel in general is great value for money, we really couldn't have asked for more and happily agree with the 4 star rating.

Sousse in general has things to do and cafe style bars if you explore a little bit to find them, Port el Kantaoui is also worth a visit and taxi's are cheap enough. El DJem and the Medina are worth seeing. The sellers/touts took no for an answer they were happy to haggle but didn't try the hard sell and gave us time to look around.

Would visit again, a really great holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 354Jackson
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I had a fantastic time at marhaba beach, cant wait to go back to see the animation team, rico, timo, laska, leo & jo - fantastic lads made me feel right at home best animation team ever! miss them so much!

• Stayed: August 2012