US$59
US$57
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$87
US$65
US$63
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

Dar Aicha(Sousse)
US$30
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
2,455 results
All reviewstapas restaurantbeautiful hotela la carte restaurantssea viewsea waterguest relationshuge hotelmain restaurantall inclusive packagesecurity staffkids clubbeach barsaladlevantpoolssendaitunisia
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hotel staff very helpful, once you give them a tip. I've stayed in many five star hotels and I'm surprised movenpick is five star. Rooms basic, tv system is Internet based this has meant you don't always have tv or radio facilities. Have had to complain about no tv access few times. Even the maintenance chap agreed the system was rubbish. The lobby has air con but still fairly warm and muggy in there. We will certaintly not be returning here

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Warrior2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was my birthday present, January 2011. The hotel is a palace, the food was excellent, the service impeccable, when we wished to move rooms there was no problem, and no extra charge,we were given to single beds not a double to begin with. The pools are lovely and the salt water one is really warm and it is a giant spa!! Remember to tip, as this is customary a dinar here or there for waiters. For our taxi transfer my husband gave the driver a £5.00 note, Tunisia is a closed currency so Sterling, Euro, US Dollars and Swiss Francs, (notes only), are greatfully received.Leave the chambermaid 10 Dinars, at the end of your stay.If you speak French, even a little use it, the locals appreciate it. Sousse is interesting, the beach is lovely and the movenpick has its own private area.The only warnings when you are out there are beggars we gave to kids and women, also there are men touting drugs and male rent boys, mainly targetting European men. IGNORE them, or just say Gendarmarie (police). But you cannot stay in a guilded cage, you have to see all aspects of where you visit. We plan to visit again.

Room Tip: you can play a suppliments for extas
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank margaret p
Reviewed 22 June 2012

What a place!!!! From the moment we stepped off the coach till we had to leave it was a dream and pleasure to stay at this first class top rate hotel.All staff members were polite and helpful, spotlessly clean,brilliant food. Had a slight problem with a leak in bathroom and was upgraded to sea view from city view. Have read on here people moaning about city view but to be honest we really liked it watching the world go by. Once the doors are shut you cannot hear a thing.We are already planning a return next year for my 50th birthday.Would like to get info on the hotels transfer rates from the airport and arrive in style. If you want to be waited on hand and foot and treated like royalty then this is the place. There are too many good points to mention and no bad .Also very good exchange rate for your money

Room Tip: city view was busy but we enjoyed watching the world go by.
6  Thank juliaagent
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I have just returned from 10 days at the Movenpick in Sousse, all inclusive with Thomas Cook. First time we've ever done AI and we're not used to package deals but this hotel was simply outstanding. From the minute we arrived, the staff could not have done more to help us. We upgraded to a pool/sea view room which was most definitely worth every penny. The hotel is spotless, the service is first class and the staff make the holiday with their charm and warmth. The buffet dinners were very good and the a la carte restaurants are fantastic(Tapeos & Levant Grill) - the food was excellent and the service could not be faulted.
All the staff offer a first class service with a cheery disposition and given the rudeness of many of the guests this can't always be easy. Special mention however to Mohammed (Levant Grill manager), Montesaar in Wave Beach Bar and tall poolside Loisirs man with moustache (sorry, forgotten his name). But the best worker in the entire hotel is Kamel at the poolside. All the other bars have several waiters yet Kamel single-handedly and very cheerfully manages to keep everyone round the poolside in drinks all day long.
It amazes me to read some of the comments other people have written - I've stayed in many 5 star (and some 6 star) hotels round the world and this is one of the best.
We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a pool/sea view which I would say was worth the extra money but others have said they llike to sit out and watch the street activity. The important thing for me was the room cleanliness was outstanding.
6  Thank Mandy C
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Myself and boyfriend travelled to the Moevenpick hotel in Sousse on the 10th of June 2012 and arrived back in the UK on 19th june, we spent 10days All Inclusive there. We were greeted upon arrival and where showed to our rooms with no hassle. We arrived at the hotel at 2am due to our Thomas Cook flight being delayed by 2hours which didn't set the holiday off to a great start. I have to say after a hard day of hanging around airports we were more than impressed when we arrived at moevenpick.

ROOM
We had a room that looked out onto the street but had no problem with noise,it was quite pleasant to sit and watch the hussle and bustle. Our room was extremely clean same to say about the lovely bathroom, the maids standards where kept at a high throughout our stay, shower gels being refilled every day. Some comments I have read regarding the air on not being cold enough I cannot familiarise with, we had no trouble it worked fine you have to make sure the balcony door is shut tight,as the minute you open it,the AC turns off.

ALL INCLUSIVE
We were All Inclusive and I have to say the food was great,comments which I've read about the lack of food variety at the buffet I strongly disagree with,at the end of the day if your expecting chips and burgers things like that then you'll struggle but fresh salads,cheeses,curry,fresh fish,hand made bread this is the type of variety your going to get,at breakfast there was such a wide variety, crepes, cereal,fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice,I could go on and on..you can even get breakfast from half 3 in the morning from the buffet!! So myself and Leon didn't even have to go hungry on our early 6.30am departure to the airport, we could snack before the bus pick up arrived!
At lunch theres the choice of the buffet or the beach bar, and dinner buffet or a choice of 3 Al La Carte restaurants sushi,tapas,or the Levant tunisian restaurant situated on the beach which was lovely, I had whole sea bass served to me :-)..delicious! These you have to book a day before but never had a problem getting the booking time we wanted.

GYM
The hotel has a gym which we used on a regular basis this was a lovely petit gym with saunas and showers, face towels are given to you when you arrive and bottles of water are available upon request. The Zumba classes were good too :-) there's a wide variety of classes from water aerobics to yoga. Great stuff!

POOL AREA
Always clean,choice of the salt pool which I loved or the large chlorine pool with the large jacuzzi too! The beds were so comfy I fell asleep too many times on them ! Best sun beds I've ever sunbathed on! Lifeguards always around to help I'd realised I had left my watch by the pool, asked the lifeguard if they recall seeing it and he had kept its safe and sound, same thing happend to me with my flip flops.

BEACH
Hotel has it's own private beach which is sectioned off and a guard is always on site,so you will not get bothered by the loitering Tunisian salesman :-) but I think that it gives the holiday a bit of culture when you see them walking up and down the beach selling their melons,bananas and rugs:-)having the guards just makes it a nicer experience,not getting too much bother from them.

All staff are happy to Help and do their best to make your stay as stress free as possible, we requested an iron and within the hour we had a iron and ironing board deliverd to us.

CURRENCY
As its a closed currency you have no worries regarding exchange rate, money can be changed up at reception while we was there it was 2.4 to the pound, bit of advise is to change up money in small amounts as you need it because you cannot take local currency out of the country.

SPA
On our last day we decided to book ourselves in for a 25 min back massage (which was by far not long enough :-) )this was so relaxing, I really wish I had booked a longer treatment it was so nice, this was about 32 english pound, 65 Tunisian Dinar, the spa treatmants are at 5 star prices but to experience the spa is well worth it, even if you don't want a treatment you can use the spa facilities jacuzzi, pool, etc from 6pm till 7pm every day, I highly recommend it, it was a nice way to end the holiday.

ENTERTAINMENT
Evening entertainment is at a low you have a pianist and singer from 9pm in one of the many bars in the hotel,and a wonderful saxophone player, a couple of nights we went into Port El Kantoui nice little marina where you can see the amazing yachts shop for your bags, souvenirs and chill at the restaurants.
It's a 15 -20min taxi ride costing about 4-5dinar around £2.50 from the hotel. We Went to the Sousse madina a 10 min taxi ride, if you want culture then your definitely going to get it here!
the cobbled streets where you'll find spices,wonderful leathers, shoes,bags, jewellery, you can barter till your hearts content.they tell you a price of an item you always offer a quarter of that price, otherwise you walk away and without a doubt they will be calling you back with a price that sounds better to your ears.

This was my 5th time to Tunisia so I am quite familiar with the area and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in Tunisia, I highly recommend it . Myself and My boyfriend are in our 20s and just feel it lacked a little atmosphere and night entertainment. Maybe a beach party night would be good or beach barbecue night.

If your looking for complete relaxation with tranquil music around the pool side and no kids club team blaring music around the pool in the middle of the day (which we have experienced at other resorts) this is the place, we noticed there was a kids club looking after the children throughout the day even taking them to eat, the children all seemed extremely content.

OVERALL
We loved this hotel and definitely recommend it!
CLEAN,CHIC,RELAXING and TRANQUIL.....IT'S A MUST!!!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank SandFootprints