2,523 results
All reviews tapas restaurant beautiful hotel a la carte restaurants sea view sea water guest relations huge hotel main restaurant all inclusive package security staff kids club beach bar salad levant pools sendai tunisia
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This is my 2nd time to North Africa and I would like to say that coming from the Middle East it's very really different.
The Mövenpick Resort took care of my transportation, and I found the rental car driver waiting for me on time at Tunis airport.
Arriving to the Mövenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse after driving in the city for a while, I realized the Resort is close to everything. The property is amazing - the most beautiful in Sousse. I was able within 10 minutes to check in, offered a welcome drink, and be escorted into my beautiful Spa/ Sea view room.
The staff were super friendly and helpful all the time, spoke Arabic, French and OK English.
The food was excellent, I tried and really enjoyed all the Restaurants in the Resort. I am not a fan of Tunisian food, so the buffet was not something I enjoyed, not because it’s bad, but because I don’t appreciate this kind of food. The buffet is spacious and you never feel you need to stand in line for anything, service excellent there.
The prices are very reasonable to the service and quality offered in the Resort, and I was comfortable exchanging money at the Resort.
The Resort is spotless and my room was in addition to clean, I had a very comfortable mattress and pillows.
I forgot my wallet twice; once in my room and once in the pool area and I am really impressed how nothing was taken from it.
The spa was an adventure itself. Beautiful and warm place. Very clean and relaxing. Was a wonderful day there.
The bars and lobby were very warm and nice, and free Wifi internet was available all the time in all areas in the Resort.
I could say for Sousse, this Resort makes a difference in the city, it’s an asset to the city and definitely raised the standards! Most beautiful, clean and amazing property.
The Resort is a city itself that I had no desire in leaving to check out the city because the quality, safety, service, and entertainment you're offered in the Resort aren't anywhere else in the city!
A big thank you to all staff that were a Great help. A big thank you to the Management that was always present to be in service.
It was a beautiful holiday. I recommend the Resort to whoever plans to go to Sousse!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Tamara K
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Just returned from a holiday at the truly fabulous Movenpick Sousse. From start to finish our holiday was wonderful, so much so that we didn't want it to end and we will be returning next year for our second visit. The facilities are first class and can not be compared to anything else currently available in Sousse.
We particularly enjoyed the Speciality restaurants, La Villa and Sendai (Japanese cuisine) where the food is delicious. We visited the spa a couple of times and were very happy with the service. It is a little bit expensive in comparison with other hotels in the area but you can see why, as the service and standard of treatments are excellent. I read another review that said the staff don't speak english but we had no problems, the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us.
We have visited Sousse a number of times over the years and usually stay in Port Kantoui but we will definitely be returning to the Movenpick from now on.

Super staff and very nice hotel. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Roby G
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Myself and friend to spent the a day at the spa.. Is was expensive and the staff didn't speak English or French so it was difficult for myself and my friend to understand them. We was offered a drink of tea and coffee the water was cold and the spa attendends just laughed. We used the spa facilities and the hydro pool was not working.. All in all it was a complete disappointment in beautiful surroundings.. The service was slow and sloppy.... I would not recommend spending your money in the spa because it is beautiful but the services makes it a total disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank Pickmeup1981
mmaknine, Responsable relations publiques at Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your precious feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. Guest feedback is very important to us and we believe that by listening to our guests’ comments and feedback we can continually improve our service standards and try to exceed our guests’ expectations.

This is why we are deeply sorry for not having met your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences which you experienced and which definitely do not reflect the standards you are to expect from a Mövenpick hotel or resort.

In order to follow up properly on your complaint and as you write your comments under the name of Pickmeup1981, we would need a little more specific information, such as the date on which you visited the Spa.

You did not mention which treatments you both took or whether you enjoyed them. We would of course be interested to know, as you mentioned also that it was expensive.

Finally we were a little confused as to the drinks you were offered as you mentioned coffee, which we do not serve in the spa (except upon specific request from a guest of course).

There is however a point on which we beg to differ, as our staff members have sufficient command of both French and English to converse with guests about treatments. This the first time ever we receive such a comment from a guest and we find this surprising to say the least. In addition, our Spa Manager (who is British) and Assistant Manager both speak French and/or English and one of them at least is present every day at the Spa.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your kind comment about the beautiful surroundings and thank you in advance for giving us more information about the above points, so that we understand what made you feel there was such a difference between the beauty of the setting and the quality of the service you think you overpaid for.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 December 2011

This was an online booking via travel republic at a cost less than one would pay for a private room in a North American Hostel with a bathroom down the hall.

I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels in Canada and the States but nothing prepared me for the services of the Mövenpick. Comparable rooms can be found in high end hotels in Canada but they would be starting at $500 a night up and the services could simply not be provided at North American wages.

The food? Exquisite. Breakfast honey from a slab of honeycomb in a crystal container? Lobby pianist who knew just about every tune written?

My only regret? I travelled alone.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there would be a bad room. If you want to sun face south (road)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank downtownbnbs
Reviewed 24 November 2011

It is nice hotel if you would like to enjoy the sea water either in the swmming pools or on beach. food is also very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family