All reviews pedestrian street rooms face inner courtyard old town hotel restaurant noise concierge romania
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Overall: Great location for the sights of Sibiu and price is more reasonable than other nicer hotel. However, there were other issues with this location that I would not go back, including noise and potential safety.

Noise: The way the rooms are designed creates a lot of noise. We had some loud neighbors, whom we heard going in and out of their room every time. You also can't open the window, because it faces into a courtyard which is really the hallway.

Safety: The entrance to this hotel is open. There is no door. It is just a tunnel into the courtyard and then your locked door is the only safety. There is no front desk. The "front desk" is the proprietor inside a small shop that sells liquor and cigarettes, which means that whenever you come or leave the hotel, in particular at night, there are a lot of people hanging out next to the shop. This made me feel very uncomfortable. Nothing happened, but it didn't make me feel safe.

Ambiance is low. The "courtyard" is also a storage place for the hotel's restaurant. We didn't have a window looking to the street, so our window looked only into the courtyard.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Located at the entrance to the old city small air conditioner and refrigerator a room with two beds . expensive relative to other hotels around .no difference in price between the rooms.
Pension has five different rooms. Two at the front and three behind large .our room was in the corridor you can not be with open windows and curtains .we smell the kitchen of the restaurant's. the reception is a little shop! it actually serves all customers in the street

Room Tip: take the front large rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MENDY S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been for 2 days in Sibiu to visit an old friend and I stopped to have lunch at Casa Frieda. I ordered Pizza Quatro stagione and I received something that cannot even be described... This was the worst pizza I have ever eaten in the last 24 years. You should either take pizza out of your menu or hire a qualified cook.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I spent one month in Sibiu this summer. The hotel was clean, the room was large, with good air conditioner and refrigerator. It overlooked the pedestrian central area of Sibiu. I expected more noise, but the isolation was pretty good. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I plan in returning to Sibiu next year and I will stay again at Casa Frieda. One of the big assets of this hotel is the restaurant; excellent Romanian food, very diverse, tasty and served promptly by a very friendly group of waiters. Another advantage is that the breakfast is included! If you need a gym, there is one within walking distance at hotel Ramada. One can play table tennis (ping-pong) at Sala Transilvania, about one mile away from the hotel. The hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from Piata Mare and all the attractions of City Center.
Bottom line: I highly recommend Casa Frieda, the hotel as well as the restaurant.
Recomand cu etuziasm Casa Frieda, atit hotelul cit si restaurantul.

Room Tip: Room #5 was great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MihaelaSa
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice cheep small hotel right in the centre of Sibiu.
WHERE: From the train station, you take bus no. 5, up to the theatre, cross the street (take the zebra crossing in FRONT of the theatre), then go up the small hill, and you will see a cubic stone paved pedestrian street. 10 m walk, on the left you, will have the small hotel with the restaurant having tables and chairs outside.

ROOM: small, clean, AC, small fridge, TV... Bathroom - clean, aired, hair dryer..
The bed is not so comfortable, the noise from the employees of the restaurant made even at midnight... are 2 minuses.

FOOD: the breakfast is served up to 11 AM, and not rich. I suggest to go farther towards Piata mare, on the left, to eat in a local called "Super mama", they have very good cooked food and to buy Transylvanian sweets from "Simpa". These 2 locals are on the left of the pedestrian street, near Imparatul Romanilor Hotel.

If I recommend this small hotel?? 80% for holidays and 100% for a short stay, 2-3 nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo