US$74
US$70
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$69
US$79
US$70
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Casa Baciu(Sibiu)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspedestrian streetrecommend casahotel restaurantold townbig squarefridaconciergeromaniacity
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been for 2 days in Sibiu to visit an old friend and I stopped to have lunch at Casa Frieda. I ordered Pizza Quatro stagione and I received something that cannot even be described... This was the worst pizza I have ever eaten in the last 24 years. You should either take pizza out of your menu or hire a qualified cook.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I spent one month in Sibiu this summer. The hotel was clean, the room was large, with good air conditioner and refrigerator. It overlooked the pedestrian central area of Sibiu. I expected more noise, but the isolation was pretty good. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I plan in returning to Sibiu next year and I will stay again at Casa Frieda. One of the big assets of this hotel is the restaurant; excellent Romanian food, very diverse, tasty and served promptly by a very friendly group of waiters. Another advantage is that the breakfast is included! If you need a gym, there is one within walking distance at hotel Ramada. One can play table tennis (ping-pong) at Sala Transilvania, about one mile away from the hotel. The hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from Piata Mare and all the attractions of City Center.
Bottom line: I highly recommend Casa Frieda, the hotel as well as the restaurant.
Recomand cu etuziasm Casa Frieda, atit hotelul cit si restaurantul.

Room Tip: Room #5 was great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MihaelaSa
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice cheep small hotel right in the centre of Sibiu.
WHERE: From the train station, you take bus no. 5, up to the theatre, cross the street (take the zebra crossing in FRONT of the theatre), then go up the small hill, and you will see a cubic stone paved pedestrian street. 10 m walk, on the left you, will have the small hotel with the restaurant having tables and chairs outside.

ROOM: small, clean, AC, small fridge, TV... Bathroom - clean, aired, hair dryer..
The bed is not so comfortable, the noise from the employees of the restaurant made even at midnight... are 2 minuses.

FOOD: the breakfast is served up to 11 AM, and not rich. I suggest to go farther towards Piata mare, on the left, to eat in a local called "Super mama", they have very good cooked food and to buy Transylvanian sweets from "Simpa". These 2 locals are on the left of the pedestrian street, near Imparatul Romanilor Hotel.

If I recommend this small hotel?? 80% for holidays and 100% for a short stay, 2-3 nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First I want to complment the incredibly friendly staff. From reception to the hard working housekeeping staff, I can't compliment them enough on their professionalism and friendliness. We stayed for 2 nights and had a large room facing the pedestrian street. The room was large and adequately furnished. A couple of minor issues though. One is that the bathroom had a awful smell, I think originating from the plumbing system. The shower leaked as well, and one of the radiators was not able to be adjusted as it did not have a valve attached. Overall these were minor issues that can be easily corrected with some attention to maintenance.

The location was excellent and we really enjoyed our visit to Sibiu. I believe the hotel offers good value for money and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms facing the pedestrian mall may be noisy late at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RER1966
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The rooms are very nice, cozy and warm. We stayed in room 5 wich was very large and had a big bed and another sofa big enough for our two children to sleep in. Unfortunatelly, the breakfast didn't offer us too many choises and on the third day we were sick of eating scrambled eggs...

• Stayed: October 2013