All reviewsold stylehistorical hotellocal currencyeggs benedictorder itemsnothing is too muchparking ticketpedestrian streetrooms are largewould recommend this hotel to anyonefront desk staffjunior suitehotel is excellentrestaurant staffroom servicebreakfast was excellentwalking distance
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The hotel was built in the beginning of XX century from a famuos bulgarian architect and has a very particular style, and it is located in a pedestrial area, good to walk around and make some shopping, close to some of the main touristic monuments of the city, such as the beautiful cathedral (only 100 m far) and not so far from the sea (15-20 minutes walk). A small parking lot is present in front of the hotel, but I am not sure it will be enuogh during the high season.
Old style wooden furniture give a particular atmosphere, both in the hall and in the rooms; rooms are quite big, provided with all comforts: air conditioned, safety box, minibar, bath with separate heating system and bath tub (particularly appreciated by me...). Also a small spa, with sauna and possibility of massage is present (not personally tested for lack of time...)
Some small remarks for me were the presence everywhere of moquette (even if well cleaned, it can be disliked by someone) and the single wooden bed, small and noisy when moving.

Room Tip: All the zone is silent, rooms are all big and nice
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

lovely hotel with lots of history very well appointed with lots of artefacts the staff lovely was not busy prob because of time of year.restaurant very good you would not have to be in a hurry but its not mcdonnalds your eating in, food very well presented

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2018

My letter sent 5 times and followed up with 3 phone calls

Hi and good morning.

I am writing this to inform you about my recent stay at your hotel.

Generally I like the hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful, also the location is excellent.

There a few points I would like to make...

The bar is very poorly stocked, especially in the soft drink and juices area. I had to buy my own juices and put behind the bar. I know that you will say that it is a boutique hotel and the bar is very small - No excuse, my fridge at home has a better stock. The 5 star prices are not justified by the lack of products available. I started to wonder if the hotel was in financial difficulty.

The breakfast area was ok, but 25 min for a boiled egg is a long time.

The fire door outside my room is permanently held open by a long screw into the carpet and floor.

There is also a stain on the carpet that was brought to my attention when I noticed the screw.

The hotel is in need of an upgrade, it is very tired and needs work. It is not suitable for persons who are as not as mobile as they could be.I know it is possible to use the service lift, but it is not perfect.

Also when I checked out I was overcharged over 100 levs. I noticed it only while I was waiting for my girlfriend to finish packing(patiently) and I had time to spare.

The mistake was fixed of course . but, should not have happened.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy R
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel: well appointed room; comfy bed; delicious breakfast; fantastic restaurant; and very attentive staff. Would definitely come again. Rather predictable review for such a well rated hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018

The hotel is excellent! All the staff at the front desk were very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about where to change money, knew good restaurants in the city and could give clear directions to various locations. I personally want to say thank you to the front desk staff who always answered all our many questions in a friendly and helpful way. The front desk staff truly go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast every morning was great and the room service was so excellent that we ordered room service twice during our stay. I would highly recommend the hotel. If you want a hotel where they speak English really well, go out of their way to help you and are always willing to help, then look no further, the Grand Hotel London is what you are looking for!

Room Tip: Best hotel in Varna
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple