All reviews old town main building historic hotel welcome drink old style old world charm private house unique experience lovely hotel cobbled street great restaurant room was large museum century furniture bulgaria heart
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We were really looking forward to staying at this historic hotel in the center of Plovdiv. The description and the pictures from the website look really good. We had reserved a large double room which we understood was going to be one of the best in the hotel...However, moments after checking in we could not help to be very perplexed about what we were getting.....We were given the so called « garden room » which is nothing like what was described in our reservations. First, it is located outside the main building in some sort of an annex in the back of the garden. To get there you have to use a small inside dark corridor, no lights were working at night which means we had to use our phone screen go get some brightness to figure out where the key went. All around is broken pieces of wood, debris, etc. Once in the room, you can’t help but notice the very strong smell, coming from the bathroom, almost like open air sewage...just unbelievable. The room itself was very uncomfortable, no good seats, bad bed, terrible pillows, freezing.....or if you put on the portable heater, then too warm and dry.....and always that stench coming out of the bathroom. No coffee facilities in the room, no English Channel on TV, non descriptive toiletries.......nothing that would come even close to the 5 star hotel they are pretending to be. We decided there is no way we were going to stay for the pre-arranged 2 nights, and told the reception on that same night. This is the worst room we’ve had in a very long time.....On the positive side, they did refund us the cost of the second night, however this had already ruined our stay in Plovdiv and I think they should have offered us compensation.

Room Tip: Avoid the garden room!
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I live in the US and once every couple of years I bring family and friends to this hotel specifically for the unique experience of staying in a truly restored 19th century Plovdiv house. This last time I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that my reservation although confirmed for the hotel was actually in a modern house next door which has absolutely nothing to do with the ambiance and experience of the hotel. I don’t comprehend why the lady who took my reservation over the phone did not find it necessary to specify that we basically will not be staying at the hotel. Disappointed upon arrival is an understatement. I have one day I can dedicate to Plovdiv every few years and had I known I cannot have the usual accommodation, I would have prepared in advance or simply not go.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Hebr0s, Administrator at Hebros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Tina B,

I apologize for the caused inconvenience and mislead and also that you are not happy with the hotel reservation. During our conversation over the phone, you said you wanted to reserve an apartment with two separate rooms, but for that date, when booking three days earlier, the hotel capacity was already fully reached. The only way to satisfy your wish to stay at the hotel was to offer you the room in question, which I warned you to be in an annex building out of the hotel parts. I'm sorry that the situation has not been as you expected, and most sincerely apologize for it. I hope that in the future we will avoid such misunderstandings and meet you again.

Wishing you all the best!
Kristi Georgieva

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Stayed a couple of nights, loved the location, liked the helpful staff and quirky old fashioned furnishings in the room. Room well used, a good refurb wouldn't go amiss.
Suggest visitors check out the room before checking in.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

The location of this hotel in the old town is ideal. Near to a good restaurant and a lovely garden bar and only a short walk to Kapana and the main pedestrian strip of Plovdiv. The hotel had a good atmosphere and was a nice quiet oasis. The rooms are traditional, large with comfortable bed and adequate bathroom. Breakfast was quite good, but only offered a herbal tea and coffee from a machine. I think the tea and coffee options could be improved. The garden was pleasant but a little neglected with weeds around and a little more care could make this a better space to enjoy the outside, particularly as the restaurant seems to have such a good reputation and people eat outside in the summer. We enjoyed our stay at the Hebros, but think the outside space and breakfast could be improved.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Hebros, is located in old town, a very rich and cultural area of Plovdiv. You can walk every where from here.

This is an old building where the room make you feel like in someones home. If you go in the summer you will find that rooms will be warm so beware.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple