US$301
Orbitz.com
US$245
galahotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$291/night.

All reviewssplash poolold townbar downstairsthe busminute walkgreat facilitiesnice walkbed dorma great place to staykylecroatiapartyingbackpackerslockersseacoastkuna
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hostel for 4 nights recently, had a GREAT welcome, very friendly, prices were good and it's out of the old town which was nice. We went to the weekly quiz which was a great activity after a hard days sight seeing.

Cons: we had to pay cash due to a broken card machine, we weren't pre warned...noise at night is pretty bad and not enforced...most places need a little TLC especially the bathrooms

Stayed: August 2017
drunkenmonkeyhostel, Owner at The Drunken Monkey Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi, thanks for your review we appreciate everyone that spends time to do this. We too believe the old town is not the greatest spot in Zadar, hence where the hostel is located.
As far as the card machine, it was impossible to pre warn you and was unfortunate that this happened during your stay but it was not the hostel's fault, it was a banking issue which was explained to you at the time.
In regards to the noise level, we are a fun hostel, set on the coastline of Croatia, during peak season and festival time - It's to be expected (if not researched) that some guests want to enjoy themselves longer through the night than what we enforce whilst our bar is open and what they plan to do after we shut. We do have volunteers to monitor this through the evening. I can only apologies that this was possibly louder than you expected, but I am glad that we rarely get complaints from our guests in regards to this matter.
I must disagree with you on the bathroom point. We have had new bathtub and showers fitted this year as well as a total re grouting of the units, they are by far better than most hostel bathrooms around the world and we normally receive compliments as to their cleanliness and looks. We have a daily cleaner in the afternoon and staff to check them on an hourly basis.

Thanks and good luck

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend just stayed at this hostel for 3 nights at the end of our 1 month trip.
The hostel is situated close to beaches and around a 20-30 min walk to the old town. The hostel was clean, the rooms were simple and basic, just what you would need for a pit stop.
The hostel has a bar which was refreshingly cheap and outdoor pool (which is very small more to paddle in than swim).
All the staff were incredibly helpful and gave us great, detailed advice on where to visit and recommendations of restaurants and bars.
I am 24 and my boyfriend is 27, we love to go out and drink and party, yet noise control at this hostel does need to be enforced a little more. On two consecutive evenings, people from the group rooms came in at 4am and were very loud, until 5:15am. This is fine because it is a hostel and that is expected, however members of staff should control it a little more and practice the signs that are stated around the hostel telling travellers to be quiet.
I would recommend this hostel for travellers who wish to socialise, meet new people and love beaches!
(If you are due to leave zadar after check out at 11am, make sure to save your towel as we forgot to save it and we're charged 10 Kuna to use a fresh one to share!!)

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Sadly not so impressed by this hostel. I found it a really let down that it is located so far from the center. I mean, I knew when I booked it but when I arrived there, I noticed the walk to the center is not that pleasant, since it is through a residential area, there was not enough light during the night and barely no one in the streets, giving you an eerie feeling (yes, you can take the walk by the coast as suggested by them but it takes longer, Google Maps will give you the route through the residential area). I spent 3 nights there and only one night I went to the center, the other nights I was too tired to do anything and just ate something at the Mc Donalds in the bus station. At least the bus station is some 800 m away from the hostel, so it is good if you just want to take busses to other places and do not want to explore Zadar that much. There were only 3 showers, which I found a bit too less, one time I had to wait to take a shower… Lightbulbs in showers were also pretty bad, it was pretty dark and most of them had no windows, making you sweat right after you showered. XD The only good shower is the big one with the bathtube!! The 4-bed dorm was ok though, the air conditioning was very much appreciated! :) Had the feeling that the hostel was too oriented to tourists, even the receptionists I talked to were not Croatians, there was really no feeling of Croatia there. Maybe not the ideal place for me, a Croatia fan wishing to get in touch with local people, but might be for you, in case you prefer partying and meeting other foreigners.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
chrisdonnelly77, Owner at The Drunken Monkey Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi Beatrize,

We always aim to stay positive on our responses to our reviewers and we appreciate you taking time to write this.
Our hostel is located in the friendliest residential area of Zadar, you cannot get more local if you tried Beatrize. There are plenty of locals to chat too especially up tequila sunrise bar on the cliffs. There are also restaurants within the vicinity of the hostel. The walk into the old town is nothing short of spectacular along the waterfront but you are correct that it is a longer journey but well worth it. The route into town is a little dark but very safe as we explain in all our bio's.
Our staff are also mainly foreign but we do this as it appeals to the majority of our guests. They speak a variation of languages and are skilled in travel and knowledge of Zadar and all surrounding areas.
We are a hospitality and tourism business, so you are correct in your assessment that we are orientated towards tourists. If you wish to experience a more authentic journey I recommend a work away farm or private residence rather than a hostel tourism experience. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I think the name says it all - it's definitely a party hostel for young people. I stayed there for three nights and while it was lovely and quiet during the day, it got super loud every evening, until well after midnight. I found it impossible to sleep, and the fact that my room was very close to the kitchen, where people socialized all night, didn't help either. But I guess I can only blame myself for expecting silence in a hostel called "Drunken Monkey".

Other than that, the hostel is nice and clean, my room wasn't very spacious but well, it's a hostel, bathrooms are ok. The staff are nice, friendly and helpful. The place is a little far from the center, but it is made clear in the description so there's no surprise and also it's a walkable distance.

On the whole, I would recommend it to people for whom socializing and partying is a priority. If you want a quiet night, there's no way you can have it there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This hostel was great. Very clean (which was much appreciated after the previous hostel was filthy!), and lovely helpful staff. Great people who were really friendly and the hostel organise events nightly at the bar. The pool is great, and welcome relief from the hot sun! The beach isn't far, but tbh the pool is much nicer! The showers and toilets were really good, and the beds were comfy enough.

The only downside was the 2.5km walk into town. They are very upfront with this, and the walk is nice enough, it's just a bit of a pain if you wanted to go into town twice in one day. The area where the hostel is based is very quiet - the only noise you hear is from the bar downstairs! And there is a small supermarket 2 minutes down the road for breakfast / beers.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone, but to make the most of the pool, the bar and the chilled out atmosphere, try to spend an extra day or two here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends