“Good for young people”

and 1 more site!
The Drunken Monkey Hostel
Ranked #4 of 318 Speciality Lodging in Zadar
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I think the name says it all - it's definitely a party hostel for young people. I stayed there for three nights and while it was lovely and quiet during the day, it got super loud every evening, until well after midnight. I found it impossible to sleep, and the fact that my room was very close to the kitchen, where people socialized all night, didn't help either. But I guess I can only blame myself for expecting silence in a hostel called "Drunken Monkey".

Other than that, the hostel is nice and clean, my room wasn't very spacious but well, it's a hostel, bathrooms are ok. The staff are nice, friendly and helpful. The place is a little far from the center, but it is made clear in the description so there's no surprise and also it's a walkable distance.

On the whole, I would recommend it to people for whom socializing and partying is a priority. If you want a quiet night, there's no way you can have it there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This hostel was great. Very clean (which was much appreciated after the previous hostel was filthy!), and lovely helpful staff. Great people who were really friendly and the hostel organise events nightly at the bar. The pool is great, and welcome relief from the hot sun! The beach isn't far, but tbh the pool is much nicer! The showers and toilets were really good, and the beds were comfy enough.

The only downside was the 2.5km walk into town. They are very upfront with this, and the walk is nice enough, it's just a bit of a pain if you wanted to go into town twice in one day. The area where the hostel is based is very quiet - the only noise you hear is from the bar downstairs! And there is a small supermarket 2 minutes down the road for breakfast / beers.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone, but to make the most of the pool, the bar and the chilled out atmosphere, try to spend an extra day or two here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Good place. A bit far off, but it's stated in the description. 15-20 min walk to old town but on the other hand, about 5 min walk to the beach. Close to the main bus station and super market. Hostel was clean and had a bar. Staff was really nice and it was how we expected it. Nothing to complain about, really.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Exceptional. I loved this hostel. The magnificent staff deserve unstinting praise for their tireless efforts to create such a welcoming, attentive, generous and sociable atmosphere. I would particularly like to thank Mia, whose thoughtful advice on visiting the Dalmatian islands and Istria immeasurably improved my travel experience in Croatia. Her patience and kindness far exceeded my expectations and epitomised my overall experience at the hostel. I cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Loved this hostel. Clean, great atmosphere and close to all the amenities. Staff are lovely and really helpful. Would definitely recommend for those travelling alone, as it is safe and really easy to meet nice people. Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo