All reviews bus stop right outside the hotel every half hour great location pleasant stay old town the bus the owner lovely hotel recommend this hotel room was clean shingle sea balcony kuna croatia coast apartment
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Family run hotel that is modern, clean and has a great restaurant downstairs which is good for both breakfast and dinner. The hotel is a few Km's from the main Zadar old town. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel where buses leave every 30 minutes. It's a good location to get away form the busy streets and just have a few days to chill out.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs at the front of the hotel have ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

As I am about to go to bed for the final time at hotel delfin I cannot express how great an experience I've had here. The staff are all very friendly, helpful, and are always happy and willing to help you if needed. The young waiter in particular made me feel extremely welcome in what was my first solo trip abroad, so initially I felt a little nervous/far from home. His enthusiasm and friendly nature (and his banter!!) really helped settle me and I cannot thank him enough for that as it set me up to really enjoy my holiday.

The room was always spotless despite the mess I always left in the morning!! Really good shower and air conditioning, which was needed for a pale Scot like me!

The food was unbelievable. I went half board. The breakfast was basically an eat whatever you want from an abundance of food that was available, and continually being topped up. Something for everyone, or in my case, a bit of everything for me! Dinner was a three course meal every night, with an enormous starter - I only tried one starter (ham and pasta with asparagus) because it literally was so good I didn't want to not have it any day! Lots of good fish options for main courses but a standout for me was the stewed beef. Extremely tender and an incredible sauce to go along with it.

As for location, the hotel is a few miles outside of the old town of Zadar, it is a long walk in soaring heat but there is a bus stop literally at the front door, with regular buses. Taxis and Ubers are also regularly available too. There is a long pebbled beach running right along the other side of the road from the hotel, ideal for cooling off on a hot day. There is also a great little water activities rental a 10 minute walk away, where you can hire jet skis etc for very cheap!

If/when I come back to Zadar I wouldn't even look at other hotels, I'd instantly book hotel delfin again - I've loved my stay, thank you all very much!

Simon, Scotland.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The sunsets are as good as from La Haina, Hawaii and I never thought I could say that. The hotel is 20 feet from the beautiful Adriatic Sea. The open air restaurant is lovely. The food and staff couldn't be better. The fish is fresh and there are different varieties. My husband loved the veal roast with potatoes which were delicious. The included breakfast was plentiful and as good as anywhere in Europe that we have stayed. We stayed in the small room which was clean and comfortable and even had a small balcony with a side view of the sea. I would recommend the hotel Delfin and definitely come back. It is located in the Diklo section of Zadar, a quiet lovely Croatian experience along the sea. It is 5 minutes by car or there are buses running every half hour into Zadar.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oliviajohn5
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel. It is essentially on the waterfront. Its more shingle and rock coast but there is benches along the shore. Spent evenings watching the sun go down from the hotel restraurant and on the beach.
Hotel itself is clean. Staff are extremely helpful. Food in the hotel i found was to a good standard. Stick to the fish!
The hotel is a small bit out of zadar. But the bus is almost every 30 minutes and its a 10/15minute drive in. I mostly got a taxi back. It is on 40 kuna. Bus is 10 kuna.
Over id really recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Returned from a lovely holiday at Hotel Delfin. Great location with a bus stop right outside.
Room was clean and had everything we needed. Towels changed daily.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family