All reviews pillow menu fish restaurant senior suite two sinks half board flip flops star hotel turn down service beach bag steam bath family hotel sea water main restaurant pool side beautiful hotel adriatic coast sea view
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have stayed in most of the five star hotels in Croatia but Iadera is something different. Every part of hotel is desingned perfectly, staff is wonderful and food is fanatstic. We will come again, it is something you have to visit in Croatia.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tine B, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Bojan,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We always be endeavored to improve our service in all departments. We shall share your positive information with the entire Iadera Team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa IADERA.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! I would have to say it is one of the best hotels, I have ever stayed in. The service and friendliness of the staff and the excellent condition of the hotel and surroundings were fantastic. The breakfast and dinner were delicious. We are already planning our next trip back. I never give reviews, but after staying at several 5 star hotels in Croatia, this one deserves it.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tine B, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you with us. We always be endeavored to improve our service in all departments. We shall share your positive information with the entire Iadera Team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa IADERA.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

The hotel was the best hotel I stayed in. The breakfast was perfect as well as the room and the whole hotel complex. The spa area is huge and very, very good. I would defintley recommend the hotel to couples.

Date of stay: May 2016

Dear Thigoe,

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stayed here as I was travelling through Croatia.

As I arrived at the property, I requested to use their first aid kit as I had an injured relative. Perhaps the first sign that something was wrong was the duration the reception took to retrieve the first aid kit.

The inside of the hotel's first aid kit could only be described as something as an absolute mess - there were multiple opened bandage kits, bits of dubious cream lying around the base of the box, uncapped tubes of antiseptic cream and more.

Nowhere to be found was disinfecting solution. Upon my request, the reception then decided to make a trip down to the kitchen to look for the aforementioned solution. He returned five full minutes later with an uncapped bottle ("sorry, the cap broke") of dubious solution. A quick glance found the expiry to be in 2015 - mind you, it's 2017 now!

Is it not absolutely atrocious that a 5-star property does not even have a proper first aid kit?

To his credit, the reception then arranged for the bar to provide me with their strongest and purest vodka (!) as a stand-in for the disinfecting solution. I couldn't complain at that point and since I had a more pressing wound cleaning to get to I accepted his offer. Of course, the reception was very apologetic about the whole situation but I do hope that this review may serve as a warning and perhaps speed things up.

In addition, the air conditioning system was turned off in a bid to "save electricity". As a 5-star property? I think that leaves a lot to be desired.

As its saving grace, the property is of course very pretty and definitely a place to visit as a romantic getaway. Might not be too ideal for families as the bathroom is shielded from the rest of the room by a sheer curtain that leaves near nothing to the imagination.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DenOGun
Tine B, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Mr. DenOGun,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Due to guest's comments like your’s we can improve service. We shall share your information with the entire Iadera Team. Meanwhile all departments have First Aid Kit. We are looking forward to welcome you again in Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa IADERA.

With best regards

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This was our third visit to the Iadera hotel and it just gets better every time.

From the moment we walked in the staff remembered us from last time and we were greeted by Mate, the brilliant and entertaining barman. We enjoyed having a drink in the bar in the evening and the bar staff of Mate, Tommy and Christian.

The food was excellent as usual. This was the first year that I've been vegan and although this was a bit of a problem at first, our waiter, Mauro, was extremely helpful in communicating my needs to the kitchen and they produced some truly excellent dishes (it would be great if more vegan options were added to the menu though). There was one problem that we didn't get any food on arrival, but when I told the manager, he was extremely apologetic and offered us a complimentary meal on our last evening instead. This is brilliant service - mistakes do happen, but it is how they are dealt with that is important and the staff at this hotel are exceptional at dealing with any issues.

The highlight of the hotel is the spa facilities that are amazing - Hamman rooms, saunas and lots of relaxation areas. Once again it is the staff that make it special - Mladen, Valentin and Dominc are really helpful and always stop to say Hi. The Aufgus sessions were a highlight of every day. You come away from the spa feeling really relaxed.

The room was up to the usual high standards, although it would be nice if the air conditioning could be set to be a bit cooler as it was a particularly warm week while we were there and it could get quite hot in the room at night.

Every member of staff is so friendly and welcoming: I can't decide whether this is part of the training they receive or the hotel just employs very nice and friendly staff. I have never experienced such all-round excellent service anywhere else.

Overall, we had a brilliant time and can't wait to go back again next year - Thank you!

Room tip: They're all good!

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Due to guest's comments like your’s we can improve service. We shall share your information with the entire Iadera Team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa IADERA.

With best regards