New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Zudioska Sinagoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I wouldn't have expected to find such a rich piece of European Jewish heritage in Old Town Dubrovnik, but here it is: the second oldest synagogue in Europe! There is a modest entry fee to see the small museum and the synagogue itself. The museum is composed of old Jewish artifacts and garments (very interesting) and WWII items from then-Ustasa Croatia. The man taking up the entry fee gave me a brief explanation of the museum and explained how a synagogue functioned. It was brief, fun, and informative. I'm glad I went.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank gsimerson

• Hebrew first
Sturminster Newton, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“atmospheric old building still in use for jewish services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

contains museum of old ark coverings and synagogue itself beautifully restored celing painted blue 12 families still use it for services - jews of modern dubrovnik

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Alan A
new york
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Did my Grandfather ever attend services here?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I found out recently that my Grandfather was not Austrian but Croatian... When I walked along the streets I wondered if he did as a boy...did he come to this Temple to attend services as a boy?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“a tourist attraction close in wintertime?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

yes, this happened. I was advised by a man who didn't like that my mother and I stayed in front of the closed place. He said in a rude way that the place is closed from december to march. Is a shame, how this could be? I try to ask to him to open the place to us, but he just walk away. If they cant managed to keep the place open the year round I think it must be taken out from tourist attraction's list. All the other places opened just for us in winter, why they couldn't?

Visited February 2012
1 Thank alferreira
montreal
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Jewish content in Dubrovnik”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

It's very small and up some stairs but worth the visit. Small museum attached. Some art stores nearby are interesting as well.

Visited July 2011