“Best chocolate fondant ever! Must visit restaurant with gorgeous food”
Review of Otto Taverna

Otto Taverna
Ranked #20 of 437 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear guests, our little Taverna will be closed from 23. 11.2017. untill 01.03.2018. for vacation and renovation. We welcome you all to visit us and experience a cosy family run street side bistro next year. Due to some really unfair comments and reviews we must offer you some information hints and tips our little pride and joy. Please make note bookings requests are accepted through our website or our email and they can be made minimum one day in advance. If you have not received a booking confirmation on your phone or email, your reservation is not confirmed. Bookings may not be responded. For same day bookings please contact us by telephone but please be kind and have some patience if you are calling during lunch or dinner hours. We are a small restaurant in wich a waiter must stop serving his/hers guests to answer the phone and take your reservation. Thank you for understanding and welcome to Taverna Otto!
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We booked this place on the Saturday morning and I think we were very lucky to get a table given how busy it got when we arrived for dinner. This cute restaurant is easy to miss but definitely one to visit when in Dubrovnik. We were greeted by a team of welcoming staff and our waiter soon showed us to their terrace where we were seated for dinner. The menu was modern and interesting with some delicious sounding options throughout. We went for the fish and the lamb followed by chocolate fondants all round. Both mains were delicious and the dessert was hands down the best chocolate fondant we’ve ever eaten (and we’ve eaten a fair few!). The whole experience was fantastic and great value for money. We couldn’t recommend a visit here more!

1  Thank Hannah R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,797)

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The food was top notch. Staff could not have been better.

A little bit more pricey than most but definitely worth the experience. Easily the best dining I experienced in Croatia.

1  Thank Jordan K
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my fiancé but didn't book, which wasn't a problem and we were seated straight away despite it being busy.

I had the mussels to start with and they were the best I have ever tasted. Following this I had the salmon which was gorgeous and for desert was a chocolate soufflé which was to die for.

The portions aren't overbearing and very reasonably priced and is a short taxi ride from Hotel Adria where we were staying.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

First night in town & managed to find this oasis in the storm.....thunder & lightning outside.
The restaurant itself was lovely with seating both inside & out.
We both had the ribs which were excellent & the chocolate dessert was also first class.
Our very attractive waitress was extremely efficient.
Must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the Croatian red wine...no wonder they keep it all to themselves.
Meal over,rain had stopped....all in all a good night

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Was waiting for our ferry from Dubrovnik to Split, so decided to grab a bite to eat. My partner and I found this place on TripAdvisor so decided to check it out as it was only around 10 mins walk down from the Pier. We weren't sure what to expect as anything with "Tavern" tends to remind us of pub food (which isn't great). Safe to say, upon first being seated, the friendly waitress greeted us with a smile and we went ahead and tried their mussels, pappardelle and pork ribs (choc fondant as dessert). MIND BLOWN. This food was so delicious, and generous portions too. All the flavours were well balanced, and the place itself was clean, organised and cozy. Very chilled place to spend our last meal in Dubrovnik. The chef also popped his head out at one stage and gave me a friendly nod as I passed him (to go to the washroom). Price is very reasonable compared to Old Town, I reckon the dishes here are nicer too. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank swongatron