“It’s fine - could have done better. ”
Review of Cafe Festival

Cafe Festival
Ranked #108 of 417 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Festival is more than just a place to have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. When you’re tired of exploring the small alleys and visiting the museums come by for a good quality bite. Only the best chefs have crafted the culinary offer of Café Festival and our professional and pleasant staff will go out of their way to make you feel special.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast on our last morning in Dubrovnik. The location is great, right on the Stradun with sunny outdoor seating. The staff was great and the food was fine, but nothing to write home about. The breakfast options are quite limited. We preferred Congo which is just down the street.

1  Thank Judith B

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant with a wide range of choice on their menu. Reasonable prices, live piano music and fantastic food quality!

Little touches like free desert and a blanket for my cold wife! Best table service we have had EVER!

2  Thank 399nicholasw
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch. The food was overpriced compared to everywhere else we've been to, and the portions were small as well. We were not full at the end of our meal and it cost £20+ for a main! Would not recommend, have no idea why it's 4 stars on Trip Advisor, as at the time of my review

1  Thank Afagahahga
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is the first restaurant that you come to as you enter the old city of Dubrovnik from the Pile Gate. Walk no further. Eat here. It is the right combination of atmosphere and food, plus a complete drink menu.
We started with an Aperol Spritz that equaled any I had in Italy, with time to enjoy it (we don't like to be rushed). I had a veal cutlet in a red wine sauce with capers that was perfect. My wife ordered lasagna with broccoli, expecting the red sauce variety. Instead it came with Alfredo sauce and was beyond bland, but that is why pepper was invented. There is a good selection of wine by the glass, especially the delicious Dingoč. Irish coffee for her and slivovitz for me topped off the very enjoyable meal.
Service was friendly and attentive.
The tables in the raised back end of the restaurant have table linens and the added height provides a nice view of the more informal front part of the interior. The décor is calm, with dark wood and low lighting.
The night we were there, a pianist played light old favorites, adding to the pleasant ambiance.
The date of our visit was March 25, 2018.

1  Thank JandJ67
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My family and I all look forward to visiting Cafe Festival every time we are in Dubrovnik (once a year at least) for the past 15 years. They've had the top quality coffee in town despite the influx of tourists by greater numbers in recent years. In fact, this cafe still has a local feel and warm, friendly atmosphere. The staff is so attentive that I feel like visiting a friend's home. Recently I tried the food, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my fave coffee place in town serves delicious options for lunch too. I love sitting in front of the cafe, observing the people walking down the Stradun, or taking care of my e-mails thanks to the free wifi. This establishment is simply the gem of Stradun that has managed to keep its standards high, while it's got an intimate feel and superb product and customer service. Go for it and see for yourself!

1  Thank Edita08