“Best meal in Croatia”

Fast Food Teatrino
Ranked #176 of 444 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had our first meal here and it was the best meal we had in Croatia! it was as of it was hot out of mama's kitchen! So tasty! It really hit the spot and served with a smile from the husband and wife duo. We had the lasagne and the beef escalope! Awesome!!! Teatrino; we will be back!!!

1  Thank Stephanie A

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It says fast food, but this is a sit down restaurant offering authentic Croatian food. A nice quiet place to eat. The food was amazing, and the service was the best service I have ever experienced in my entire life. So accommodating, friendly, and the waiter joked and talked with us about our trip! He even walked to a local vegetable stand to buy fresh fruit for my vegan friends, INCREDIBLE! I felt like I was at my grandmas house, and the prices were great too!

1  Thank Luka Z
Reviewed 28 November 2017

There are many bars and coffee shops around the National Theatre, but fewer places to eat before the show. We tried Fast Food Teatrino and were served excellent cabbage rolls at a bargain price, with glass of good Merlot - for 65 kn each. A good pre-theatere option.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Four of us went for quick dinner here. Located close to National Theatre and the 'old town' it is a convenient location a bit away from the hustle and bustle of nearby places.

It says Pizzeria on a banner and it is listed as a fast-food place. Neither is right.
This is not a pizzeria, even though they serve something like it.
It is not a fast-food place because you have to sit, order, wait regular time, and eat at your table. So no fast-food as you would think of McDonalds or Burek place.

They serve a full menu of dalmatian dishes and few pizzas.

My dinner order was Pasticada with Gnocchi. I know Pasticada as this is my fav of my mom's kitchen. And I had Pasticada with Gnocchi in many Croatian restaurants. What I got here was too thin wrong cut veal in over sweet plum sauce. And gnocchi were so undercooked that they could get spread on a plate with a fork just like butter. Unfortunately I already swallowed one before realizing that.
Ordering a different dish for my dinner, very hungry already, and all my dinner partners already finishing with their meal (they said their stuff was OK), I ordered margarita pizza.

I guessed that if you carry P{pizzeria sign - then Margharita pizza should be the easiest and fastest to do.

My pizza arrived and honestly - this was the worst pizza I had - ever.
Underbaked dough sticking to the plate like a chewing-gum, Kraft ketchup instead of tomato source, some half dry moose and NO OREGANO?!?! - WTF...

I left that place with an empty stomach and hungry.

Even though the owner and waiter were apologetic and trying to be accommodating, I would not try them again. Maybe it is just a October fatigue from a busy tourist season so 'nobody cares' but to me it is unacceptable to carry Pizzeria sign and serve something called Margharita that tastes like a warm wet cardboard with ketchup. get real...

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We’ve passed by this place many times in the past but never dropped in. It seems to have changed hands recently and we thought we’d try it - we were so glad we did. On the advice of our waiter, Stipe, we opted for the traditional Dalmatian fish stew - Gregada - which was superb. The large pot for two had sea bass, sea bream, shrimps, mussels and potatoes in a very tasty broth. The locals having lunch next to us we’re having sarme - cabbage leaves stuffed with meat and rice - which they said was just like home cooking. The service was excellent and the prices very good - we will definitely return to try other dishes on the menu, which include pasticada (marinaded veal with gnocchi), risottos and very nice looking pizzas. Despite the name on their TA entry, it’s not really a fast food restaurant - it’s simply really good traditional Croatian food.