All reviews oldest hotel diocletian's palace roman baths great location old city within the walls palace walls walking tour hotel entrance waterfront promenade noisy at night triple room hotel is modern palace area air conditioning two nights special thanks
Reviewed 1 September 2016

This is the perfect place to stay while in Split...you are in the center of it all. I stayed 2 nights after a Sail Croatia trip and it could not have been more perfect. I stayed on the first floor with a terrace and loved it..having a glass of wine after site seeing and hearing the buzz from below at the cafe...close the doors and it is silent for sleeping. Very clean, with all the amenities, lovely breakfast and breakfast room and very helpful staff. Just $10 euros each to take us and our 2 heavy suitcases from the port to the hotel. Well worth it after a relaxing cruise. The staff from booking to checking out were excellent! The only suggestion....a reading light by the bed please. The little lamps are more like night lights.

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank luv2travel42
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is its location, in the middle of Diocletian's Palace.
I stayed for 2 nights in a single room. The room and hotel are modern in decoration. Neat, sleek, almost minimalist. It's very clean. My taste falls along these lines. The space is premium, though. My room is more in smallish size.
I wish it has extra pillow in the room since the one I have is so soft. Breakfast buffet was good. Eggs & meat had to be ordered separately. Service was good, and restaurant in the basement was decorated nicely. You can see the remains of the ancient bath in the basement.
I had nice walk along the water front, riva, which is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Marian hills was only 10-15 minutes walk, close to ferry station, and numerous choices for restaurants. It's a good choice for stay in central Split.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank easternjava
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We spent two nights here at the bookends of a charter sailing adventure. The hotel is in the perfect location for exploring old Spit. The reception staff was very helpful - even recognized us as we checked back in 7 days later. Rooms are clean, spacious and new. The hotel is located near some cafes and restaurants that go late - but the windows and AC tend to mute the noise - and we were so tired we didn't hear much. Breakfast is eggs and a buffet of yogurt, fruit, cereals, breads. Nothing super fancy but gets the job done. We would stay again if we were to come back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2016

A beautiful hotel surrounded by Cafes, Restaurants and 1700 years of history. The room was fairly large and had a small terrace which overlooked one of the many small cafes. The staff was very helpful and provided advice on what to see and how to get around. The breakfast, which costs 50HRK, is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Was excited to stay inside walls of palace and this hotel gives you that. It is the oldest hotel in the palace and the history greets you when you walk in. However rooms are modern and comfortable. Windows must be double glazed as the noise didn't bother us at night. Reception was friendly and beyond helpful. I emailed them many questions before I even checked in and they promptly responded with suggestions and assistance. Would gladly return again. Lovely stay and amazing experience in one of my favourite places.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends