All reviews rooftop terrace sea view place to stay breakfast vouchers old town hotel apartment nearby cafe modern interior pedestrian street two floors full kitchen stayed longer perfect location restaurant recommendations one bedroom apartment parking spot great apartment
Reviewed 3 November 2016

We were travelling with a young kid, all three of us had a great time staying at the master suite, the cherry on top is definitely the private rooftop facing the Riva promenade and harbor. The location cannot be more central, you are right on top of the action. The complimentary breakfast at "7" was also top notch, we had a wonderful time overall. However, there is a lot of steps to go up to the suite, those with a lot of luggage may find it helpful to know.

Room tip: definitely try the master suite if you can.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank grey_88
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We were in one of the two apartments at #12 on the Esplanade. Mr. Josko Luketin was a great help to us in every way. He found us in the dark, in the wrong car park & helped us park. Then escorted us to our "suite". He thankfully also carried our bags up 34 uneven stairs.
Our room had an incredible view from three sets of double windows out over the pedestrian esplanade & the gorgeous waterfront. Our bed was comfortable but the pillows need to be replaced. Along with the towels which were not only threadbare but frayed & some had holes.
It was nice to have a water & split of bubbly in the frig for the first night. Along with a chocolate bar & good coffee maker.
There was a definite smell at times in the room. We are still not sure what it was but it was also detected many times outside along the waterfront. Mind you, there was mildew/ mould along the shower.
A great spot especially if they look after these few issues.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2016

First, no parking and no cars. It is on a pedestrian sea view boardwalk. They made it very clear, and I planned to return our rental car the day we checked in. There are a number of rental companies close by and I walked the 5 minutes to the room. Arranging check in was easy. Communication by phone was easy and essential as there is no onsite reception.

We loved the room. the sea view terrace was spectacular at sunset, for morning coffee or crowd watching.

The pictures are a good reflection of the room we had. It was very clean and modern. Water pressure was good and the water was hot. Room temperature was easy to regulate. All the electronics worked, and I really liked that I could plug my phone in a stream audio to the terrace upstairs. Wifi excellent.

There is no elevator, so be prepared to walk up 2-3 flights. Not an issue for us.

Highly recommend the sea view terrace suite.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank m5clt
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I just have to love the atmosphere in our suite. Whoever design the suite (we've got the 40 m2 Suite with Sea View) has an outstanding taste. The location is unbeatable.
Mr. Josko Luketin is a terrific manager who always has an open ear and tries to meet our wish.

I less like the property's key system. I believe nothing will happen, but the key system is a bit insecure.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Reckless_V-o-L
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I started our Croatian honeymoon at Riva suites and it was a great place to feel spoiled. We stayed in the junior luxury suite with terrace. The apartment is gorgeous but the real selling point is the terrace overlooking the promenade and sea. The apartment has all the gadgets you need with built in speakers including on the terrace and it was immaculately clean. The host is very friendly and knowledgable, nothing was too much trouble. There are no blinds in the apartment, just some very light curtains which isn't a problem if you like to wake up with the sunrise as I do, but if you are partial to a sleep in on holiday, you may need an eye mask :-)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple