US$197
US$261
US$225
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsold townstaff was very friendly and helpfuldiocletian's palacebell towerair conditioningdoraaccommodationcorridorfridgehost
Reviewed 20 September 2014

The hostel has a fantastic location in the old town but the rooms are pretty small and the common room area doesn't have enough seats. Reasonable price for Croatia, about £15 a night. The rooms have strong air conditioning which is pretty quite.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2014

This hostel is a great spot to meet people. It doesn't matter if your traveling by yourself or in a group. You would find cool people ranging in the age between 20 to early 30's. People who work at this hostel are nice and fast. They are available almost 24hrs and they get along easily with anyone.

The place is clean, however it only has two bathrooms for all the people that can accommodate. Even though they try to keep them tight it get a bit dirty sometimes at rush hours.

Room Tip: Private Room has private A/C with no noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

After checking into my finally hostel of a 5 week trip around Europe I can say without a doubt that my time at old town was my favorite. The facilities are what you expect for the price- clean, hygienic, comfortable but basic. However it isn't the rooms or facilities that make this hostel stand out. It is the vibe of the hostel on a whole and the more than friendly and willing staff that genuinely do go above and beyond for every hostel goer they have.

On our first night in split we were encouraged to join flick (the hostel nightlife coordinator) for dinner and drinks, we had originally planned to break off after dinner and attend another pub crawl but we had such an amazing time with flick and others from our hostel that we stayed and enjoyed one of the best nights thus far.

Further more unlike other hostel and hotel staff we have encouraged along our travels these staff became our friends and when our further accommodation fell through- pre booked months in advance and completely unrelated to the hostel, for the busiest three days of the split, Croatia calendar year (Ultra Music festival) the staff were instantly on the phone, desperately seeking further accommodation for us. It was a truly heart warming experience and we were settled in a new place within hours of what we thought would be the disaster of our trip.

I would personally like to thank the hostel staff for all their help and for going above and beyond. Me and my friends will be forever grateful and will see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hostel has everything I could ever want. Arrived in the evening off the 6 hour train from Zagreb and it was a short walk to the Old Town of Split where the hostel is located. On first appearances Split can look a bit rough and as soon as you step off the train you're hassled by people with signs offering accommodation but the Old Town is really beautiful. The hostel is in a great location and there's a great view from the windows.

The staff at the hostel were great, they were really chilled out and took time to recommend things to do in Split and places to eat and drink. In the evening people gather in the common room and the staff take you out around the town which was great. It was very easy to meet people at the hostel due to the great atmosphere.

The beds are really comfortable and there's air conditioning all over the hostel, so you get a good nights sleep, even in the middle of the Summer. You get a big locker as well that can house an entire rucksack but I felt fine leaving mine out in the room. The kitchen is very well equipped and although there's only two bathrooms I never found that this was an issue.

I genuinely felt sad leaving this place so I'd definitely stay again. Shoutout to Jon and Flic for a great night!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The views from the rooms are nice and the location is fantastic! The atmosphere is pleasant and the hostel is full of vibrant colors. Though the kitchen is small, I was surprised by how big the apartment actually is when you consider the age of the building and how small many apartments and homes are in Zagreb! One thing you should know is that the hostel is on the third floor and there's no lift. If you're not used to climbing a lot of stairs or if you're bringing heavy luggage with you then it might be a slight inconvenience.

The beds did not have springs poking out of them as one reviewer says. The bathrooms were clean. The staff was very nice and friendly. Yes, the staff leaves around 10 PM, but this wasn't a problem for me.

I did have two problems whilst staying here.

Problem #1: After sleeping here the first night I awoke with tiny red bumps on my neck and arms and I saw a bed bug climbing on the wall that afternoon. I killed it and notified the staff of the problem. The staff immediately inspected the mattress and didn't find anything. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before so I checked my belongings to make sure I didn't bring anything with me from the hostel in Zagreb. I didn't find anything either and I am convinced the bed bug arrived via a (very smelly) traveller that changed rooms the first night we were there. Anyway, the staff called the owner to alert them of my problem and I was offered the double room. The double room was nice and I didn't have any problems with it.

Problem #2: There was a gross wet, moldy smell. Eventually I figured out that it was coming from the two hampers outside of my room. I don't know how long the items in those baskets had been there but the staff needs to do laundry more often.

Aside from those two problems my stay was nice and I wouldn't have a problem staying here again if the laundry is done regularly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo