All reviews washing machine apartment was clean great location narrow spiral staircase old town person apartment great apartment croatian kuna shower hose budget accommodation great base for exploring min walk diocletian's palace stove top flights of stairs awesome stay living room
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I recently booked an apartment here but unfortunately I got my dates muddled up and arrived a month early. The staff were great and called around other apartments to try get me a room for the night as they were booked out.

If I come back to Split again I will be staying here!!

Thanks again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Whilst the apartment itself was nice and we enjoyed our stay in split, our lovely stay has been overshadowed by the poor communication from the staff at apartment gajeta.

During our stay we had an issue with the washing machine in the apartment (11th July); the cycle ran as normal, but the drum did not open at the end, so we could not retrieve our clothing (including swimming costume).

This was understandable as electronic malfunctions happen all the time, and to their credit, the owner of the apartment did have a look the same day, but could not open the drum so said they would send an engineer the next day. Unfortunately no engineer had come the following day.

The next day we were leaving split to get the bus to Dubrovnik. When checking out we asked staff about the washing machine, they said they were trying to get an engineer to come that day, and for us to try and hang about in Split a bit longer so they could get our clothes back to us before we got the bus to Dubrovnik. They said if they could not get the clothes out by the time our bus leaves for Dubrovnik, they would send the clothes separately on a later bus. They took our phone numbers down and said they would contact us regarding the outcome. We stayed in split longer than planned following the above conversation, waiting for a phone call, but unfortunately nobody contacted us and we got a late bus back to Dubrovnik.

The following day we called apartment gajeta for an update. They said an engineer had come yesterday and they managed to get the clothes out. But they would have to rewash them again and this would not be ready by the time we left for Dubrovnik, thus would have to send it to the UK. Whilst we were disappointed it meant missing out on beach activities in Dubrovnik, we were hoping just to get our clothes back in one piece finally.

We have been back in the UK since the 16th of July and we are still to this day (now into august!) waiting for our clothes. I have sent numerous emails for updates, but alas I have received no reply at all.
Problems happen all the time, but the way it is dealt with is the most telling thing.

Edit: I have finally received a reply since posting this message, saying:

'sorry for our late reply, it's high season so we don't have to much time.
We will send it tomorrow and give you all other details.'

Unfortunately not finding the time for 21 days to post mail, says every thing you need to know about this company.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Follow the directions that are sent to find the place, and when they say look for the awning, actually look down the little side street. It is easy to find if you look off the main road. We had a small apartment on the first floor right next to the main office. It was perfect. Clean, a nice kitchen area, dining area and the large shower was great. Definitely recommend this place, it was about a 15 min walk from the Ferry/Bus terminal. (Along the water and then about two blocks up) You walk right past Diocletian's Palace to get to the apartments so it is in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I booked three nights non-refundable in a one bedroom apartment for two through Agoda for €243. We found the office without difficulty. It opens at 9am so after leaving a cruise boat we were able to pull our luggage from the harbour and leave it in the office. At check in time we were escorted to a nearby apartment, second floor, no lift. The decor was bright, clean and rustic and we were quite satisfied until I found that the fitting for holding the shower hose was completely broken off. I went back to the office to report this. It was a Saturday so repairs were unlikely. After a quick call we were upgraded to a different apartment.
The second apartment was also second floor, no lift. It was larger, modern in style and had a washing machine which suited me very well. The apartment was clean, spacious and comfortable with separate living area and bedroom with a comfortable bed. The location of both apartments was excellent, still in the UNESCO area but just out of the hyer-tourist area with plenty of bars, restaurants and grocery stores.
I did not attempt to cook anything but the kitchen seemed well equipped. Apart from a few paper filters for the coffee machine there were no friendly supplies like salt, pepper, oil, tea or coffee. The apartment was not serviced during our stay which was as we expected.
We were completely satisfied with the apartment and with the helpfulness and responsiveness off the staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We were greeted at our taxi at 1 am for checking in. Quickly shown to our room which was clean and comfortable. Great location near the sea front. One warning would be the narrow spiral staircase to the rooms. Especially for children and the elderly.
Otherwise I would thoroughly recommend this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family