See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Easy access especially by taxi to the center of the city. Many of the reviews here are "ok" though a little unrealistic of the place at the price and quality of the accommodations. It is not expensive and it is mostly standard accommodation with a modern style instead of the post Soviet style. It has a few worn edges in places, for instance my television did not work - and the internet could be a challenge, which I think accounts for the price and discount to some degree.

The staff is helpful, friendly and is not dismissive of those that do not speak Russian well or are from the west, which is more helpful here than most people would suggest - which is why I rate it "very good". I only know the nighttime staff and only know this hotel from using it on nights prior to leaving on early planes. A tourist's experience may be different if staying for multiple days and or dealing with the day staff.

Room Tip: Most rooms face internal courtyards and other buildings.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drake E
Reviewed 21 December 2014

First of all the hotel is located in the center of the city. The staff was very polite and friendly, maybe the most helpfull staff I have ever experienced in any hotel. The rooms are very modern with satisfying space. The price was very affordable and rather low for the wuality of the room. Even though I had booked a stabdard room, they offered me an upgraded room, since the hotel was not full with no extra charge. The breakfast was very satusfying and served in the room. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2014

We stayed here two nights in July 2013 after checking out of the prison-like Zirka. For roughly the same price we found Hotel Hermes, closer to the town, much cleaner (no half-eaten watermelon in the rooms, for a start!), infinitely better rooms and incredibly helpful and friendly staff (Ana and Irena, if I remember correctly).

Even from check-in they proved a breath of fresh air. Professional, chatty, knowledgable and human. But what really set the staff apart was when we asked if they knew a mechanic who could help with our car. Straight away they phoned their driver (Mishka) and he and Ana led us away to the garage they use. Our car was fixed quickly, cheaply and well. What we hadn't realised is Ana had finished her shift hours before and was helping us out of the goodness of her heart.

The hotel itself wasn't bad either. Huge, well-appointed rooms and good breakfasts

Next time I visit Odessa, I won't even consider any other hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Blacktarriversblog
Reviewed 10 September 2014

This hotel has the best service in Odessa. Alvetina is the best hospitality person I have ever met. You solves all problems with calmness, sweetness and class. She should be running the best hotels in the world. She has a degree in hospitality and is part-time taking 5 additional course study in hotel hospitality. She takes 2 months per month and has 2 more years to go of a 5 year study. I had all kinds of problems at this hotel due to poor maintenance and Alvetina solved them all when she worked and moved to different rooms. Irina is also great and they both belong at much higher in hotels. This is also a brunette that was very good. These poor ladies work 24 hour shifts and 240 hours per week at pay of 250 UAH per month. It is unbelievable that this manager/owner can get away with this in Ukraine. Personally even if that is the going rate I could never do that. If it was not for the service I would rate the hotel 1 star due to the constant problems and the advantage this owner takes advantage of these beautiful sweet honest sincere hard working employes. If this took place in America the owner/manager would go to jail. I would rate the service alone 5 stars.

Room Tip: Great service, but poorly maintained and I highly recommend another hotel in the City Center. There are much better at reasonable prices.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome hotel in the city center.!!!. Rooms are very big and extremely clean and is at really good price.. its a family business so they look after you !!! The own took me and my cousin out to experience true ukraine traditions of food and vodka... and made sure we had a good time in his city 10 out of 10

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends