All reviews infused water rooftop terrace lovely hotel colonial house plantains second floor deluxe room fresh flowers central courtyard housekeeping staff central antigua included breakfast is the main square lovely room nice breakfast surrounding mountains the breakfast area
Reviewed 29 October 2018

The courtyards and roof terrace are lovely to look at and sit in. We had a room on the upper floor and a really comfy settee just outside where we could drink the hot chocolate or coffee (and cake!) provided for the guests comfort.

Breakfast was easier for us to order if the waiting staff spoke English (not all did) and the homemade granola, whilst looking strange, was really tasty.

We had no problems with noise from other guests, but I think that was because we were fortunate that they were courteous.

Beautiful flowers, helpful staff and good cleaning. We would stay again :-)

Room tip: Upper floor room was fine
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The hotel is charming and flawlessly decorated. There is so much thought into every single decoration such as fresh flowers on every table; things you don't realize are important until you've stayed here and now wonder how you'll ever stay at another hotel. We were in Antigua 3 days and chose to spend a few hours a day just lounging around the hotel common areas reading books. Breakfast is good. Arranged a hotel shuttle pick up from the hotel door. Walking distance to absolutely everything you need. If I return to Guatemala this will 110% be where I stay again. Was in love with the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I think this is the fifth or sixth time staying at Hotel Meson de Maria. During previous stays I have had room service, but during this stay I had my dinner delivered from Fonda De La Calle Real (across the street) to the hotel's roof top patio. What an amazing diner with a fabulous view. It was so delicious and relaxing - I loved it.

Of course, the staff are amazing. Nery is always helpful and goes out of his way to make your stay special and unique. Teodora always has a friendly greeting and smile to greet you. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I visit Antigua.

The breakfast is a feast of fresh fruits, eggs or pancakes, granola (homemade and fantastic), beans, cheese, bread and plantains.

The hotel has character, a great location and tremendous staff. I can highly recommend it.

Room tip: Personally I like the rooms on the second floor because I like to visit the third floor roof top patio.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Cute hotel with central location and very tasty breakfast. They helped with arranging a pick up from the airport, suggested a tour company for the trip to Tikal and every time were very responsive. The hotel has nice little courtyards with beautiful views from the rooftop. Enjoyed our stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, excellent rooms. Lovely courtyard with sofas, coffee & cake served each afternoon, quiet, friendly staff, tasty breakfast. Great location! Extended our stay here as we were having such a relaxing time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple