“Wonderful food in great environment ”
Review of Los Tres Tiempos

Los Tres Tiempos
Ranked #44 of 437 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Los Tres Tiempos, traditional Guatemalan food in a warm, luminous setting.
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

4 days in Antigua and 3 meals here. Tried many other restaurants and keep returning here. Highly recommend the Combo Pepian woth Edgar’s special cocktails. Arrive hungry!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I was honestly surprised that this place got so many great reviews, and that it has a certificate of excellence award, as we did not enjoy our time here. The atmosphere of the place is very lovely - it's very gorgeous, has both indoor and outdoor seating, and has a very romantic court yard patio with a tree that has candles on it at night time. In fact one of the reasons we picked this place when we were walking by was because of how pretty it was. Unfortunately, the food here was completely another story. First off, it took a very, very long time for the food to come. I ordered the elotes asados grilled corn appetizers, and I have to be honest when I say that it was literally the worst corn that I have ever, ever eaten. It tasted like it had been boiled and then grilled; it was rubbery on the outside and mushy on the inside. It was honestly just awful. I also got tacos which were okay but not great by any means. My friend was just as disappointed with his meal. It was honestly such a shame because we were not going to do a lot of "fancy" restaurants while visiting Guatemala so this place was supposed to be a special treat, but instead we paid fancy prices for bad food. I would not recommend this location!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Having researched Trip Advisor we set off for what we hoped would be a special Guatemalan meal. The margaritas came too quickly to be freshly made and were less than average. The starter we shared was stodgy, the main courses pleasant enough but not wonderful. We started off in the downstairs courtyard but had to move upstairs because of badly behaved, out of control children of other customers who treated the courtyard as a children's playground, rushing about and screaming. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating, but did nothing about the children. We wouldn't return here, nor recommend this restaurant. Our hotel restaurant at the Quinta de las Flores knocks spots off this establishment.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Our long table for 9 was set at the covered side of a large, pretty courtyard in a nice open setting with a very pleasant ambience. Very good, quick and attentive service. I selected the palmito ceviche, which was a large and very tasty offering, the first time I had palmito served this way and I was very pleased with it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

As Guatemalans we enjoy authentic Guatemalan food, and this fusion Guatemalan restaurant does a great job with the local flavors in new and creative dishes. Good job!

Date of visit: October 2016