All reviews top floor rooftop terrace her daughter reading room hot water sweet bread quiet street third floor la merced church free coffee noise travels door bell rooms are clean light sleeper lake atitlan guatemala city budget hotel
Reviewed 20 October 2018

We were not surprised given the great reviews of this gem of a budget hotel. Rosario, the hotel manager and here staff were welcoming and most helpful. We opted for a delux room so had wonderful view of the volcano. The courtyard below is another hotel and can be a bit noisy at times but no one seemed to party too long into the night. The nearby church bells ring freqently but we got used to them and now even miss. The hotel is so centrally located. Many restaurants close by as well as spanish language schools and tour places. The hotel had a wonderful rooftop garden. A place to enjoy your morning coffee and sweet bread.

Room tip: Room 11 and 12 offer great views of volcano
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasaCristinaAntigua, Gerente at Hotel Casa Cristina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here twice - at the start and end of my time in Guatemala. I rather liked it. It’s pretty laid back and the staff is nice. They helped arrange transfers from and to the airport, as well as to Lake Atitlan.

I would recommend this place. As another reviewer mentioned, noise does tend to carry so be prepared if you are a really light sleeper. However, I found this to be the case every place I stayed during my trip.

It’s a good place to stop and orient yourself when arriving in Antigua and plan your next move.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a very central location in Antigua. Very helpful at the front desk with any queries and organising airport shuttle. Our flight was delayed and we missed our first nights stay, we were delighted to find we weren't charged for the night which was really appreciated. Rooms are small but clean and nice and cool even without AC. Nice little roof terrace to enjoy breakfast on. Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I recommend this place to my friends and family when visiting Antigua! Love the staff! I would recommend getting a room on the second level as the rooms up there are more spacious! Rooftop view is amazing!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

central location, super friendly host. Rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel provides drinking water, coffee and some light breakfast to get you going.

They organize tours, but are on the higher side. Unless you are too bored to head out and book, would certainly recommend booking tours or shuttles from other tour companies.

most attractions are walkable, including the street stalls, if you want to try some cheap and good Guatemalan food.

Date of stay: July 2018