“Best fish tacos I've ever had”
Review of Cactus

Cactus
Ranked #15 of 389 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Vibrant mexican cuisine in the heart of Antigua, with a cozy ambiance and a cosmolpolitan crowd, good live music everyday and excellent service.Among our favorite dishes: shrimp and bacon burritos, fish tacos,caldo tlalpeno, cochinita pibil nachos and tempura shrimp tacos.Variety of beer, delicious Margaritas and the best Micheladas in town. Open every day.
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

This place has seriously good food. I love love love the fish tacos and burritos. I can never get sick of them. My friends had one of the pork tacos and said they were amazing. If you're in Antigua, you MUST visit this place and taste the originality of the food for yourself. Seriously.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Great food! Fun, friendly staff. Good drinks (including good mescal). And some of the best live music in Antigua! Don't miss it!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Food was decent and service was fine. My only concern was when I was given the change for my 100Q they snuck in a taped together 50Q which I learned is useless currency in Guatemala. If this is their idea of taking advantage of tourists I hope the owner and future customers read this. Very disappointed.

1  Thank TravelingDavey
Loreto64, Owner at Cactus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Hi there, I am sorry it came up to you this way... I am sure there was no bad intention in this action from my staff; the only problem we have with damageg bills in general is with american dollars, quetzales are pretty much accepted everywhere, even if they are dammaged... I apologize for this misunderstanding, but you can ask anyone in town. Again, I am very sorry.

My name is Laura Gonzalez and I hope your next experience , if you give us the opportunity to have you back again... will be better.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We visited on our first day in Antigua and this place really fit the bill. Delicious tacos, burritos and wraps at fantastic prices. The service was good, even when the restaurant was busy, and a mistake in our order was quickly corrected!
We liked it so much we are going back again tomorrow!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Great little place. We ate there twice during our stay. The first trip was exploratory and our group of five were all happy with the service and our food selections--cactus tacos, shrimp and bacon tacos, beef tacos, and a burrito. The mezcal and the tequila drinks were all good--and a little creative with jalapeño rings and chili salt on the glass rims.
On our second trip, we had our entire group of 20 and filled up the small eatery. (Magically, tables and chairs appeared from somewhere to accommodate other diners.) With our large group, we did overrun the kitchen staff a bit as our meals came out in shifts, but we all expected that due to the "only made when you order it" style of the place. Everyone was completely happy with their food and drinks. There was even some burrito-sharing as they are a generous size.
Overall an awesome place. Definitely a must-eat in Antigua!!