All reviews grand suite escargot piano bar art gallery french doors opening private patio small lap pool beautiful boutique hotel beautiful rooftop the hotel's website large bathroom master suite fresh fruit small hotel the ground floor we loved our stay lake atitlan
Reviewed 9 October 2018

As an artist and connoisseur of Unique Places to Stay, I highly recommend Meson Panza Verde Hotel in Antigua! The ambiance is incredible and the service is world class. I can hardly wait to come back.

Room tip: Every room is unique and gorgeous!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I've stayed here at least 3 times in the past 6 years. It's beautiful and full of art, history, and views around every corner.

The dinners are romantic next the the outdoor pools, the food delicious, the rooms clean, the rooftop picturesque.

Have also stayed at sister properties on Lake Atitlan (Villas) and in the owner's home (Casa Hunab). The woman is an artistic genius.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I lived in Antigua for seven weeks and wanted to go out in style, so I decided to stay here and at the El Convento Boutique Hotel - two gorgeous hotels in the town.

The Panza Verde (the nickname for people from Antigua) is absolutely fantastic. Whether you come for drinks, dinner or to stay, it is worth a visit. I stayed in the Master Suite 6 which overlooks the Main courtyard. The room is well appointed (no AC, but a nice, quiet fan that moves a lot of air) with plenty of space to lounge inside or enjoy the balcony. The balcony is not totally private as there is foot traffic next to it, but they have place bushy plants as a barrier. But you can sit back and watch folks come in and out of the hotel in anonymity. It’s quite lovely with a comfy hammock that seats in the gentle breeze. The bathroom - I could write a review only on the bathroom, I loved it so much - was rustic and a slice of paradise. It doesn’t have a bathtub if you’re looking for one, but the view to the colorful vines outside the room will keep you mesmerized! The shower is made from old columns and the sink is stained to match the coloring. It is a bit of magic. The water I found was a bit chilly - didn’t get too hot - but for the hot day, it was refreshing. The water pressure was also okay, but again was sufficient. The bed was a king and comfy... the sheets were nice and crisp and the pillows soft enough.

The night I was there, the hotel was set up absolutely beautifully! Flowers and candles galore - as if there was a wedding, but there wasn’t one! Flowers floated in troughs around the hotel, as well as beautiful floating in the pool. They could be found on the roof top and on the terrace - both stunningly beautiful.

A Cuban infusion band was playing for dinner and it seemed to make the night complete. The food (I had risotto and shared two desserts with friends) was fantastic and the wine selection was decent!

The staff are excellent - very helpful and courteous! Our waiter at dinner was excellent - very attentive and helpful with the selections, as were the staff at breakfast. I had to leave before they were fully functional, but they bent over backwards to ensure I had breakfast to go!

It is indeed worth a night here if you’re passing through Antigua.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We are a couple who have been travelling for many years. Although we used to stay in cool hostels and guesthouses, we are reaching an age where we like more comfort. The flip-side of staying in proper hotels is that they're boring and lack atmosphere--until we stayed here. It's the perfect place for adventurers who have grown up. The hotel oozes with atmosphere and charm. We stayed in double room 3 which is right off the dining room. This did not bother us at all, but if you need quiet, you might want one of the upper level rooms. We loved the sounds of activity and light music in the background. We loved the candles throughout the courtyard when we came home at night. The room was not huge, but perfectly fine, especially with the private patio. The only thing I would suggest would be to add a small refrigerator to the rooms to chill our wine (although staff were happy to bring ice). Speaking of staff, they were fabulous. Every member of staff smiled and greeted us and seemed genuinely interested in how were enjoying the city. I got the sense that people really enjoy working at Panza Verde. The breakfast was perfect for us. There are many options, along with fresh fruit and excellent Guatemalan the coffee.The lady who serves the breakfast is an absolute treasure. I hope management realize what a wonderful ambassador they have there. She was so kind and helpful. When she realized how much I love tropical fruit, she would make sure to point out anything new I have not tried. When people asked me what I loved most about our Guatemala trip, without a doubt that lady was the best part of an awesome trip.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

A good friend and I just spent a long weekend in Antigua, Guatemala, and the hotel in which we chose to stay for our four nights there was the Meson Panza Verde. It turned out to be everything we hoped for. Intimate, atmospheric, and tranquil, it’s really an almost magical setting in which to base your stay in Antigua.
Panza Verde is located on the southern edge of the town, just far enough outside the center to offer a quiet, peaceful refuge, but close enough that you can walk to the main square of town in under 10 minutes. The rooms are elegantly decorated in accordance with the classic Spanish colonial aesthetic, and are clean, comfortable, and a pleasure to spend time in. Be sure to wander about the hotel a bit as well. There are all sorts of lovely corners hidden away, and the assortment of bright, flowery rooftop decks offer some great views of the Volcan de Agua.
And the staff, each and every one of them, were absolutely outstanding. They go about their business of making you feel at home with tremendous warmth and grace.
While it was a bit of a splurge for us to spend four nights there, I felt that El Meson Panza Verde offered exceptional value for the money. It was an affordable extravagance, and was principal in making our long weekend visit to Antigua as near perfect as could be.
Oh- not to forget the restaurant! Hands down one of the best in Antigua.

Trip type: Travelled with friends