All reviewstimeshare exchangethai spasoccer fieldkiddie poolfree shuttlebeautiful groundsla antiguatuk tukstayed here for a weekliving roomwalk into townfull kitchenshuttle servicebottled watervery nice hotelbreakfast buffethotel is located
Reviewed 3 August 2018

A very comfortable experience in a familiar and quite environment. Outside the city but very close and transporting available. I hope to return soon. Amenities was a good surprise with ano excellent magician

Room Tip: Fresh water always available. Magnificent hot tub
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GuestServiceManagerS, Guest Relations Manager at Soleil La Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Mariatga

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Soleil La Antigua, it is such a pleasure to see that we met your expectations, for all the team it truly brings us joy reading things reviews, we will be wating for you, remember any special request let me know and I will make it for you.
See you soon

Regads

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Nice place and good comfort and a lot of fun. The landscape around the hotel is beautiful. I stayed just one night, but I need stay two nights for enjoy more of the Soleil and the great place named Antigua Guatemala

Dear Danieroman

Thank you for choosing Hotel Soleil La Antigua on your trip, we are glad we met your expectatios, we hope you can come back and enjoy more of Hotel Soleil La Antigua, please if any special request let me know, I will make it for you.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 August 2018

The Solei is a beautiful place and the service is really good. The food is delicious. Muy family and me had a very nice experience there. They have some diferents places for kids, so you can spend a day in there facilities whitout getting bored

Dear D4vfduran

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at Hotel Soleil La Antigua, our main priority is providing great service for you, which dish was your favorite? We are glad we met your expectations, Did you had fun at Kids K-Boom? We hope you come back soon, please if any special request feel free to address it and I will be more than happy assisting you.

Regards

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We just returned from a 6-day trip to Antigua. We booked the hotel through a time-share exchange, and we were very pleased with our accommodations. We pre-booked car service from GUA to the hotel through the travel agency located at the hotel. Juan was punctual and patient as it took us nearly 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon to drive the short distance to the property. Juan was friendly and spoke very good English.

We were greeted by friendly receptionists with fresh guava juice when we arrived. Our two-bedroom villa (#301) was clean and well stocked. The master bedroom included a king bed and en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom included two single beds. A separate full bath is attached to the living room. Everything was clean (and the beds were extremely comfortable.). There was a full kitchen, dining room table, and seating area with two chairs, pull out sofa, coffee table, and TV.

Because it was quite warm -- and the hotel does not offer AC -- we asked for fans from our super friendly housekeeper, Telmi. They were delivered immediately. Telmi came every day and kept our villa SPOTLESS.

There was a wedding the first night on the patio, which was right outside our window, so that was a bit noisy, but we really didn't hear much noise for the rest of the week even though one of our windows faced the parking lot, which abutted the main street. We enjoyed some time at the hotel during the week, which seemed to clear out after the weekend. In fact, we were pretty much the only people at the pool when we were there.

The hotel grounds are gorgeous, and the staff was super sweet and hospitable. We did not book any service at the Thai spa, but the facilities did look lovely. We had one dinner at the sports bar/Las Chimeneas. The food was fresh and delicious. (As timeshare owners, we received a 10% discount on the food, but we did not get the 20% discount on drinks as we were promised.)

We would definitely return to the Soleil on a return trip to Antigua. It was only a 10-minute walk to the city center, so it was easy to trek into town, although we always made sure to take a cab back to the hotel in the evening since the streets are poorly lit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from pool noise if you are staying on the weekend. Bring bug spray if you are staying in the summer!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
GuestServiceManagerS, Guest Relations Manager at Soleil La Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Peter

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent visit to Soleil La Antigua. We are so glad you enjoyed every detail on your trip to Guatemala, our main priority is meeting your expectations, staff is committed to keep an excellent guest service anytime. I am excited to read you want to come back, I will be more than happy assisting you, remember any special request please let me know and I will make it for you.

See you soon.

Regards

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We had a great stay if we were to return to Guatemalait would surely make me enormously happy to stay at the Soleil and I would certainly recomend it to all my friends.My wife and I enjoyed visiting Mayas sites

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GuestServiceManagerS, Guest Relations Manager at Soleil La Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Toninguglielmo

We are delight to read your comments! Thank you for choosing Hotel Soleil La Antigua to be part of your trip, we are very happy that we met your expectatios,thank you for the recommendation as well, please any inquiry let me know, it will be a pleasure to be at your disposal, and surley I will make it for you.

Best regards