Lowest prices for your stay
US$180
Hotels.comUS$159
Expedia.comUS$159
StayForLongUS$180
2,353 results
All reviews chocolate factory beautiful hotel star hotel one of a kind breakfast buffet magical place bottled water central america an oasis visiting antigua guatemala city monastery museum spa candles wedding art
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

I don't even know how to describe the bad experience we had during our stay in Casa Santo Domingo.

The check-in process was slow, unfriendly and they even demand a Q. 1,000.00 deposit during your stay, something I've never experienced during a 5 star stay around the globe.

Second, the room. The minute me and my partner walked through the door we felt scammed and lied to. We found dead bugs on the carpet, bird poop and used sugar packets on the terrace furniture, it felt like someone hadn't cleaned that room in at least a couple of weeks. The mini bar smelled like someone died inside and was clearly not working correctly even though the light and temperature settings were set correctly and it was plugged in.

Next, the Buffet line in the morning, clearly the breakfast was not included with the rate and the wait time was 45 minutes for us to be seated, thankfully we found cheaper and much better alternatives at walking distance from the hotel.

For a $220.00 a night stay, I feel like we were entitled to a better service than this, not sure if it's the high season, the lack of staff or just pure negligence but I can guarantee that you can find cheaper alternatives in Antigua with much better service and room quality than this overpriced hotel.

As a Guatemalan, I feel ashamed of even recommending this place

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank estebanmoralesgt
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate taking the time to write this review, I am very sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expectations.

This unprecedented time has put us all in a tough spot. Cleanliness and hygiene are of our highest priorities and sincerely apologize that our hospitality and attention to details left something to be desired on this occasion - this is very unlike us. Our staff generally does a great job when it comes to maintaining our facilities and preparing the rooms for upcoming guests.

For your tranquility, we would like you to know that the transactions we make with credit cards at check-in time are standardized worldwide.

We hope you visit our property again and experience the quality service we are known for.

Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

We decided to splurge for 3 nights while in Antigua. We were pleasantly surprised with our luxurious complimentary upgrade to a magnificent suite! The staff is super friendly and professional . Everywhere we go there are old artifacts mixed with modern art and we’ve signed up for 60-minute massages in the spa here.
They are taking Covid precautions seriously and to the extreme, as is everywhere we visit here. We are asked to sanitize our hands upon entering every restaurant, store and hotel even though it was determined long ago that Covid is not transmitted on surfaces; better safe I guess.

We took a cab to the Sanyo Domingo facility on the hillside nearby. It is “connected” to this facility but the restaurant on the hill has spectacular views. A person can also spend hours touring the art exhibits and there’s zip lining and a playground, all surrounded by art and incredible views. The food is EXCELLENT! A little pricey for Guatemala but well worth it. We shared spinach and beef ravioli in lemon-butter sauce, roasted eggplant, tomato and mozzarella with greens in a smokey tomato sauce, affogatto for dessert and the best I’ve ever had!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 618iand
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Thank you for choosing Casa Santo Domingo to stay while visiting La Antigua. We are pleased to know that you had time to enjoy our different services and that you had such a good experience.

We hope a future visit is included in your plans.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Hotel Casa Santo Domingo stands above the rest in the beautiful city of Antigua. As you can probably tell, Antigua is one of my favorite cities, and this hotel is the main reason I try to visit each time I am in Guatemala. I have stayed on multiple occasions so I can attest to the consistency in both quality and service.

As you pull into the hotel, you will find complimentary , safe and secure parking in a garage off street. This also allows for entry into the hotel during a rain storm without getting wet. At the entrance to the hotel, and every other entrance, you will find someone taking temperatures and a hand sanitizer station. They are doing as much as can be done to prevent the spread of Covid and it is clear throughout the operation.

As you walk from the parking garage to the hotel, there are historic artifacts, world class art of Guatemalan origin and some high end boutiques. At the front desk you will be greeted by friendly and helpful staff that speak both Spanish and English. The prices may be higher than average for Antigua, but are very fair, and if deciding comes down to a small amount, splurge. Even a basic room here will be a treat as it allows you to enjoy the wonderful grounds and garden that includes a pool.

Every room I have stayed in has had a good bed, a great shower and a wood burning fireplace. Even the basic room has plenty of space and many have a couch. The suites are all amazing and a few of them make waking up a joy with a choice of Wet'/dry Sauna, Rainfall Shower and whirlpool tub. If the room I stayed in this trip wasn't the best, I don't know what would be in that room. Mine had two patios, one with a great view of the volcano, patio loungers and a whirlpool tub, and the other led directly to the spa. There was a separate room with a dining table that could double as an office as well as the bedroom that had a living area with couch, chairs and an wonderful fireplace. To top it off, one entire side was glass doors with views of the volcano and fancy remote controlled blinds.

Again, even without the money for a suite, this is the place to stay. The grounds are unbelievable. It is an actual museum built to highlight the traditions and art of the Guatemalan culture and is filled with beautiful plants, trees and flowers. There is a large courtyard, a wedding or event venue, restaurant, spa, gym, and probably a ton of stuff I've missed. I enjoy just wandering around on a nice day and exploring what's in bloom. There is so much to see on the grounds, I almost forgot about the large pool that is a great place to relax on a sunny afternoon.

Every meal I have had has been very good and the service at the restaurant is top notch. It is a beautiful space that allows for plenty of distance between tables. As much as I enjoy eating breakfast at the hotel, another highlight is to visit their sister property El Tenoder del Cerro to enjoy a great meal. Breakfast is my favorite, but lunch was just as good this trip and a little bit warmer which was nice. If you are lucky, you'll be treated by a show from the volcanoes.

If you'll be visiting Antigua and are considering Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, I would suggest calling them and asking which room would be best for you!

Room tip: Call and ask questions about individual rooms!
1  Thank CaptWohlt
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful and detailed review and for letting us know Casa Santo Domingo is your favorite place to stay in La Antigua. This past year has been very uncertain and we are working very hard to continue serving our guests so it’s great to know that you found consistency and quality in our service. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

We spent two nights with my family at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo. What a trip! Service at the hotel was great, wonderful views of the volcanoes and amazing food. I definitely recommend this heavenly place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank keshygodoy
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to La Antigua and for your recommendation. We are glad to know you had such a wonderful experience and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

Delicious food. International menu with local options. Amazing view and ambiance with lots of greenery, priceless volcanoes views... and great Guatemalan Art exhibitions and collection. Family and business friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Thank you very much for your review. It is good to know you enjoyed the experience so much and hope you return soon.