3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$154
eDreamsUS$152
PricelineUS$168
2,334 results
All reviews chocolate factory beautiful hotel star hotel one of a kind breakfast buffet magical place bottled water central america an oasis visiting antigua guatemala city monastery museum spa candles wedding art
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2021

Hotel Casa Santo Domingo stands above the rest in the beautiful city of Antigua. As you can probably tell, Antigua is one of my favorite cities, and this hotel is the main reason I try to visit each time I am in Guatemala. I have stayed on multiple occasions so I can attest to the consistency in both quality and service.

As you pull into the hotel, you will find complimentary , safe and secure parking in a garage off street. This also allows for entry into the hotel during a rain storm without getting wet. At the entrance to the hotel, and every other entrance, you will find someone taking temperatures and a hand sanitizer station. They are doing as much as can be done to prevent the spread of Covid and it is clear throughout the operation.

As you walk from the parking garage to the hotel, there are historic artifacts, world class art of Guatemalan origin and some high end boutiques. At the front desk you will be greeted by friendly and helpful staff that speak both Spanish and English. The prices may be higher than average for Antigua, but are very fair, and if deciding comes down to a small amount, splurge. Even a basic room here will be a treat as it allows you to enjoy the wonderful grounds and garden that includes a pool.

Every room I have stayed in has had a good bed, a great shower and a wood burning fireplace. Even the basic room has plenty of space and many have a couch. The suites are all amazing and a few of them make waking up a joy with a choice of Wet'/dry Sauna, Rainfall Shower and whirlpool tub. If the room I stayed in this trip wasn't the best, I don't know what would be in that room. Mine had two patios, one with a great view of the volcano, patio loungers and a whirlpool tub, and the other led directly to the spa. There was a separate room with a dining table that could double as an office as well as the bedroom that had a living area with couch, chairs and an wonderful fireplace. To top it off, one entire side was glass doors with views of the volcano and fancy remote controlled blinds.

Again, even without the money for a suite, this is the place to stay. The grounds are unbelievable. It is an actual museum built to highlight the traditions and art of the Guatemalan culture and is filled with beautiful plants, trees and flowers. There is a large courtyard, a wedding or event venue, restaurant, spa, gym, and probably a ton of stuff I've missed. I enjoy just wandering around on a nice day and exploring what's in bloom. There is so much to see on the grounds, I almost forgot about the large pool that is a great place to relax on a sunny afternoon.

Every meal I have had has been very good and the service at the restaurant is top notch. It is a beautiful space that allows for plenty of distance between tables. As much as I enjoy eating breakfast at the hotel, another highlight is to visit their sister property El Tenoder del Cerro to enjoy a great meal. Breakfast is my favorite, but lunch was just as good this trip and a little bit warmer which was nice. If you are lucky, you'll be treated by a show from the volcanoes.

If you'll be visiting Antigua and are considering Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, I would suggest calling them and asking which room would be best for you!

Room tip: Call and ask questions about individual rooms!
1  Thank CaptWohlt
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful and detailed review and for letting us know Casa Santo Domingo is your favorite place to stay in La Antigua. This past year has been very uncertain and we are working very hard to continue serving our guests so it’s great to know that you found consistency and quality in our service. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

We spent two nights with my family at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo. What a trip! Service at the hotel was great, wonderful views of the volcanoes and amazing food. I definitely recommend this heavenly place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank keshygodoy
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to La Antigua and for your recommendation. We are glad to know you had such a wonderful experience and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

Delicious food. International menu with local options. Amazing view and ambiance with lots of greenery, priceless volcanoes views... and great Guatemalan Art exhibitions and collection. Family and business friendly.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Thank you very much for your review. It is good to know you enjoyed the experience so much and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2021

I have been a frequent visitor of the hotel for many years. Yet, I had more than a year without visiting the hotel since the restrictions due to COVID and activities made me stay at home. As soon as I came back I felt at home. Not only that, I felt super secure with all the safety measures and protocols they have in place. The hotel is probably one of the best suited for covid prevention as it has many outside areas and there is always airflow.

There are some inconveniences now, like having to reserve the Jacuzzi or the Pool for you and your friends... and my least favorite might be a longer line that usual at the breakfast on Sunday. I would suggest having multiple statations or at least two areas so wait times lessen. But other than that, which is now the common at every hotel, the experience was as amazing as always!

More over, I got to really experience the spa! I got a deep tissue massage which was amazing to say the least. After the massage I felt completely at peace and relaxed, ready to go back to the city recharged. The service of the spa is fantastic and you shouldn't miss it. Moreover the spa pool is probably one of my favorites in the world, pretty relaxed and surrounded by nature. I also would suggest having the massage in one of the cabbanas they have, they will make you feel in an uberly luxurious trip.

Thank you also to the amazing staff! As always I create trouble for them with my requests or lost items. Yet they are always happy to help, and many times they already have solved the problem by the time I ask them for help. The service is truly five stars.

ps: a traveler friend said that the hotel has the best water pressure he has ever experienced at a hotel! I agree.

Room tip: book a room with direct access to the spa... is worth the money. Otherwise, ask for one on the second floor you might get an amazing view.
Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for your preference and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are pleased to know you had such a good experience and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

My family and I (including 2 toddlers) went for dinner at this remarkable restaurant, which not only provided a majestic ambience, service wise couldn’t have received better attention, we were truly satisfied with our food as well, we ordered several dishes within my favorites the shrimp curry, and the filet mignon, the sauces from the plates were terrific. We ordered a couple of desserts, the panacotta was astonishing. Before the food was ready we took a mind blowing walk through the hotel installations which made the evening even more remarkable and special. The lightning, the views are something to remember. It was not only a dinner but a unique experience. A super bonus in this times of pandemic: they sanatize the restaurant with ultraviolet light

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your preference and for taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. We are very pleased to know you had a delightful experience and hope you return soon.