1,773 results
All reviews beautiful hotel star hotel hotel guests breakfast buffet is magical place grounds are beautiful central america visiting antigua museum monastery candles wedding art fireplace sculptures macaws candlelight
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This hotel is located a bit farther from the town center and is known for the history, architecture, ruins, elegance and professionalism. This hotel used to be a monastery and there is a lot to see, including a museum. The rooms are great and there are different styles to choose from. The Spa is perfect for couples, it's quiet and only for adults. I've attended some of the most beautiful weddings at the hotel. It's kid friendly, but there really isn't much for them to be entertained with, just the pool, unlike Porta, which has a kid's club and playground.

Even if you're not staying here, you should come and walk around the hotel grounds! It's beautiful.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mamaklaudia,

We appreciate your nice review and hope you visit us again in a near future.

If you travel with kids, pls contact me at ggarcia@casasantodomingo.com.gt so I can tell you more of the different things they can do on the property we have on the hilltop such as exhilarating canopy rides, play, explore or meet other kids in the playground, visit the different art exhibits or simply enjoy the outdoors.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Everything about Hotel Casa Santo Domingo is impressive. My experience in one of their suites felt like a movie. The property has been conserved to feel "antique" but you don't for one moment feel as if luxury were missing. Quite the contrary--if I could give the hotel more stars, I would. Everything was clean and COMFORTABLE. I have yet to sleep like I did in the rooms at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo. The walls must be 15 feet thick because once inside my room, I could not hear any of the noise coming from a nearby wedding.

Their spa is something that pictures don't do justice. The room where I received a massage felt like it had been taken from a history book, but with the amenities that any present-day 5 star hotel would offer. It's exquisite with an attention to detail that's unparalleled! Although Antigua Guatemala is gorgeous, this hotel is so beautiful that you could spend your entire vacation on the property and not miss the outside world for a second.

The food (especially their buffet on Sundays) and I personally, have never been a fan of buffets makes you question your previous food choices. Everything was so delicious and FRESH with each station catering to their own chef. The pupusas I ate were made with fresh tortillas--all prepared before my eyes. I can't speak highly enough about the various choices you're given in their restaurant.

I was also fortunate to tour their museums and at first, I was in shock at the fact that all of them were on the property because you can't see them from the main areas of the hotel. Most of the museums were underground and all ranging in style, which feels like you're traveling into different worlds when you enter each one. My favorite was one where a well-known Guatemalan business man (partner of the hotel? I'm not sure.) collected glass art from the various countries he visited. The ones in the museum were placed next to Mayan pieces to show similarities along with an explanation of both. LOVED IT!! Highly recommend.

This hotel is truly one of the treasures of the world and I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Hands down, this is one of my favorite places to visit.

Room tip: Ask for the suites near the restaurant. They're "underground" and have a beautiful fireplace and large, comfortable layout.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Escape18781182939,

Thank you for being our valued guest and for your excellent rating regarding your experience here at Casa Santo Domingo! Our entire team of passionate hoteliers are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.
We really hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Everything about Casa Santo Domingo is worth praising: service location, room comfort and cleanliness, grounds, restaurants, food, entertainment.... A real 5 star experience. Congratulations to Management and Staff for such an incredible experience while visiting Antigua Guatemala!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Luis Y,

We really thank you for the positive feedback. It is nice to know that you enjoyed everything about Casa Santo Domingo and that our team members provided you with friendly and efficient service during your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I have been in Guatemala for 3 years now and have visited the Spa at Santo Domingo multiple times. The massages are amazing. They focus on the areas I ask and do the amount of pressure I request every time. I have also spent the day in the spa a few times without getting a massage, and only had to pay a fee to enter. There is a beautiful jacuzzi and pool and it’s a great space to spend the day.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaigeMoff
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear PaigeMoff,

It’s awesome to see that you had such a great time here at Casa Santo Domingo, and we appreciate you spreading the word about us!

Thanks for the positive feedback and the helpful suggestion; come back again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place with excellent facilities. The staff are very friendly and will help you with anything. Very exclusive private and luxurious defently 5 star. The price is responsible for what you get the location is also perfect.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Shane L,

Thank you for writing this 5-star review and for providing such kind words about Casa Santo Domingo. We are very thankful to have you as our guest and honored to know that your recent visit was such an excellent experience. Our dedicated team members take pride in the service they provide and I look forward to sharing your compliments with them, as I know they will appreciate it.

We really hope you come back soon.